Yaku Morisuke ~ Strong

Ugh, I feel like writing this because I've been feeling shit about my speech impediment for the past...four years of my life and I want to put this out there for anyone who feels like they don't belong in this world. I made this book solely because I want people to see that others love them, even if they don't know it (and also because I love these baes eyo!) but seriously, I think you're beautiful so hang in there.

~*~

To Yaku, you were strong.

To Yaku, you were like a perfectly painted picture, a masterpiece even.

To Yaku, you were a being of extreme intelligence and beauty; someone that should never be taken lightly or ridiculed, but in this cruel journey called life, that wasn't how it was.

~*~

Staring at the ceiling, Yaku sighed.

He couldn't sleep and it was really frustrating.

He wondered how you were doing after that conversation after school.

If he wasn't ok, then he could only just imagine how you felt...

The two were walking home from school, hand in hand, like you did everyday. Nothing was different; you were happy, Yaku was happy, and nothing could ruin the moment.

Nothing expect from a few jerks that you two encountered nearly everyday.

~*~

You had a speech impediment, and a pretty bad one at that.

You'd had it for as long as you remembered, ever since you said your first word.

Your parents said you stuttered that out aswell, which they believed made you the cutest baby ever.

Others said it made you a freak, a weirdo, different - but with a loving and caring family that were the only people you ever believed, other people's words didn't really faze you.

However, as time went on and you successfully survived middle school and junior high, people's insults got more brutal, and one that you heard the most frequently was:

"She can't even speak her own language."

Of course, they damaged your heart, but not as much as the words from your loved ones healed it.

Every insult was met with a beautiful compliment, whether it be from Yaku or your parents. When you first met Hinata at a practice match at Nekoma, even he said your stutter was "so awesome", which made you smile brightly in response.

Despite having such a horrible condition, you were always smiling and talkative and happy and when you did stutter, you didn't stop talking, or go all nervous, or try to change your words.

You just carried on with your sentence, kept stuttering until you finally got it right, even if it took you ages and you ran out of breath. Yeah, it was frustrating as heck, but you never let that frustration show, and Yaku was so proud of you that sometimes it even made him cry.

If he were in your shoes, he would probably be antisocial as heck: avoid conversations, stay quiet in class, do anything to get out of talking to others - even his parents!

So to see you, his girlfriend - someone that he could call his own and be so darn proud of it - ignoring the haters and just getting on with your life, made him so fucking proud it was beyond words.

He wondered how you were always so happy and cheerful, and how you managed to cheer others up when their problems were nowhere near as serious as yours, and how you ended up being his.