Kuroo Tetsurou ~ Little Things

I've been feeling really shit about myself for the past few months so this one is for all of you who feel like you're not good enough, and that your imperfections make you less of a person: they make you more of a person, more of a person than those who pick on you for your imperfections. Whatever they are, you'll find someone who loves them just as much as they love you. Just keep holding on...</3

~*~

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me,
But bear this in mind it was meant to be,
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks,
And it all makes sense to me...

(f/n) stood in front of the mirror, her disheveled reflection staring back at her. She hated herself. She hated her body. She hated everything about her that made her different from other girls. Whilst they were out, puckering up their lips and managing to pull off short skirts without guys grimacing at them, (f/n) was here - in her's and Kuroo's bedroom - wallowing in her own self-pity as she poked at the pocket of fat underneath her stomach. God, she hated it...

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes,
When you smile, you've never loved your stomach or your thighs.
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine,
But I love them endlessly...

Tears blurred (f/n's) vision as she saw just how horrible she looked. She was fat and short snd stubby and she believed she was ugly. So, why did Kuroo stay with her? It must've been because he felt sorry for her, not because he loved her - because who could love a fat, ugly mess like her? There were plenty of other girls at Nekoma who had perfect bodies and perfect hair, and who were good at sports. Whereas (f/n) had a horrible body, messy hair that never stayed in place, and she couldn't even run a lap without getting a stitch. Kuroo was a god compared to her, and (f/n) never understood why he hadn't left her already...

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth.
But if I do,
It's you,
Oh it's you, they add up to you.
I'm in love with you,
And all these little things...

Kuroo returned home quietly that day. He had volleyball practice after school and he had told (f/n) not to bother waiting for him, as they were practicing longer for the Spring Tournament. But now, he missed her, and couldn't wait to hug her and kiss her.

Moving in with (f/n) was definitely one of the best choices he had ever made in his life, as it meant he got to see her a lot more everyday. The one reason he decided to move in with her is because she was insecure. She was insecure and sensitive, and she needed someone to tell her she was beautiful all the time until she believed it.

Fortunately, Kuroo's methods of showing (f/n) she was beautiful - which were usually cuddles on the sofa, in bed, anywhere where he could wrap his arms around her and whispering "I love you" and "you're beautiful" over and over again - worked, but only temporarily. There was no immediate cure to (f/n's) insecurity, as people were going to chat shit all the time, but Kuroo was prepared to cuddle up to her and whisper sweet nothings to her as many times as she needed it because he loved her.

He loved everything about her, especially the "pocket of fat" - as (f/n) liked to call it - underneath her stomach because it let him bury his face into it whilst (f/n) was studying or watching anime or whilst the two of them were just cuddling, and he just loved her warmth. He loved her insecurities because they made her (f/n) and he wouldn't have fallen in love with her if it weren't for them...

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea,
And maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep.
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep,
Though it makes no sense to me...