Oikawa Tooru ~ Introvert

Omg guys this is the last one of the 50k requests I'm so proud of myself.

sluttykawa you enjoy this one-shot babe because you dESERVE IT.

~*~

Y/N knew she was an introvert, and in all fairness she didn't really care.

Talking to people was never really her forte so she just avoided them in general, and she lived a happy, introverted life at the back of every class just nodding along to what the teacher was saying.

That was until one day, when Y/N's art teacher decided to land a project on the whole class right before the end of term, and Y/N wasn't complaining, as she loved art and drawing.

But the downside to this project was that the teacher was going to be picking pairs for it, and Y/N was semi ok with that (seeing as there was nobody in her class that she really talked to anyway).

As the teacher started to read out the names from the list, Y/N waited until she heard her name and then actually started paying attention.

"L/N Y/N and Oikawa Tooru," the teacher announced, and Y/N could physically feel the groans from every other girl in the class hit her back like volleyballs.

She could already tell that she wasn't going to enjoy this project.

~*~

"Hey, Y/N-chan!" Oikawa called out to the girl on her way out from art.

Upon hearing her name, she turned around, only to be met with the gorgeous face of the third-year himself.

Now she knew why all of the girls were after him.

"Hey, are we able to get started on the project today?" He asked, starting to walk alongside Y/N with Y/N waddling awkwardly next to him.

"Um, I-I guess so," she answered quietly, and Oikawa barely managed to hear her through the fabric of her knitted scarf plus all the hubbub happening around them. "M-my parents are working late tonight so you could come over to mine if you like?"

Oikawa looked down at Y/N, his red nose making the bright smile on his face even more noticeable.

"Yeah!" He nodded, the bobble on his navy blue beanie wobbling around on top of his head. "That sounds great!"

Y/N looked back down at the snowy pavement beneath her, keeping her mittened hands in her pockets and her face buried in her woolly scarf the whole walk home before she let Oikawa into her house.

Her heart was pounding.

What if somebody got the wrong idea? What if Oikawa tried anything? What if she tried anything?

Y/N slapped her cheeks hard to rid herself of either of those possibilities and took off her coat, hanging it up on the rack before slipping off her shoes, hat, scarf and mittens.

"So the project...?" Y/N asked nervously, heading to the kitchen to prepare some snacks for her and Oikawa. "I may have zoned out during lesson."

"No worries!" Oikawa reassured, making Y/N's heart beat faster.

God, he was so pretty.

"All we have to do is create a piece of art, something to do with romance - said our teacher," Oikawa explained, and Y/N felt the heat rising to her cheeks again.

"Ok," she said uncomfortably, turning around to actually get to work on the snacks.

Oikawa was a nice guy, she had absolutely so reason to be nervous around him. But at the same time, he was so goddamn hot and probably the most popular boy in Aoba Johsai. If she did something wrong, everyone would know about it.

"I was thinking we could do a drawing, since I've seen your art and it's amazing," Oikawa commented casually, causing Y/N to blush harder.

"Y-you really think so?" She asked, somewhat hopefully as the two headed up to her bedroom, snacks in tow.

"Hell yeah!" Oikawa exclaimed, his voice full of enthusiasm. "I think you're amazing!"

It was such a straightforward comment, but it somehow seemed to make Y/N's day. And as he sat down on her bed admiring her room, Y/N got down to thinking.

There was no way she would ever stand a chance with Oikawa; he probably already had someone he liked.

Heck, he was probably gay!

Oikawa seemed to notice the glum look on Y/N's face, as he beckoned her over softly to the bed.

She sat down sort of feebly next to him and Oikawa took her hand in his, lacing their fingers together.

"Look at that," Oikawa chuckled, looking down at their intertwined hands as the biggest blush of her life was spreading out over Y/N's cheeks. "Our hands fit perfectly together."

Y/N took a moment to compose herself before looking down at their hands and he was right.

Oikawa's slightly bigger palm engulfed Y/N's snugly, and his long fingers slipped into the spaces between hers effortlessly.

It was beautiful.

"I think we should draw this," Oikawa stated, reaching into his school bag for his camera. "Hold still for a minute."

Y/N froze, quite literally as she didn't want to mess this up for them, and Oikawa snapped a photo.

"Perfect!" He beamed, but even after then, he refused to let go of Y/N's hand.

Instead, he turned his head to look at her, putting down his camera and cupping Y/N's face with his hand, their hands still together.

"You're so cute, Y/N-chan," Oikawa said sweetly, and Y/N was left speechless.

"I..." She started, but Oikawa shushed her.

"Shh, don't say anything," he cooed, leaning in closer. "Just let me kiss you."

~*~

Hehehe, I'm evil for leaving this here but this book doesn't have too many cliffhangers :')