Hanamaki Takahiro ~ Arachnophobia

Fun fact! Arachnophobia is the most common phobia in people, but most of you could probably guess that. I mean, there's a movie about spiders called 'Arachnophobia' so it was kind of obvious.

~*~

Arachnophobia - the fear of spiders.

~*~

"Makki!"

The third-year wing spiker nearly fell off his bed when he heard his girlfriend scream his name from downstairs and, before he knew it, he was running down the stairs with a baseball bat in his hands, searching frantically around the room for his girlfriend.

But when he saw her standing up on the couch with a broom in her hands, he lowered his baseball bat and gave the girl a questionable look.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" He asked, titling his head to the side and raising an eyebrow.

"Makki, there's a fucking huge spider by the TV!" Y/N squealed, pointing to where the spider was.

Makki's eyes followed where her finger was pointing , and when he saw the spider she was talking about, his look of confusion shrunk into a half-lidded gaze.

The "fucking huge" spider she was talking about was probably the size of Makki's fingernail, and he couldn't help but feel a little fed-up at how ridiculous his girlfriend's phobia was getting.

Yeah, he understood she couldn't help it, but even at the tiniest little spider, Y/N would completely lose it and pester Makki until he got rid of it.

"Please get rid of it!" Y/N begged, squeezing her eyes shut as she clenched onto the broom tighter.

Makki sighed, placing his baseball bat on the floor and walking over to the spider, picking it up by its leg and throwing it outside before returning back upstairs to continue with his chemistry essay, leaving Y/N sort of confused.

About an hour later, Y/N knocked on his bedroom door and opened it ajar to see Makki still hard at work.

"Makki?" She asked quietly, closing the door behind her.

"Yeah?" He replied, not taking his eyes nor his pen off of his paper.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked, rubbing her arm up and down nervously as she looked down at her socked feet.

This definitely caught Makki's attention, and he suddenly looked up at his girlfriend with a worried look on his face.

"Why would I be mad at you?" He asked, putting his pen down on his paper and watching as tears fell from Y/N's eyes and onto the floor.

"Because of my arachnophobia," she mumbled, but Makki could still make out what she said.

And, all of a sudden, he felt really guilty.

So he turned his whole body so he was facing the girl in front of him and held out his arms for her to crawl into.

"Honey, I would never be mad at you because of something you can't help," he cooed, hugging Y/N tightly as he ran his fingers through her H/C locks softly.

"B-but earlier," she sniffled and Makki chuckled silently.

"I was just a little stressed because I really had to finish this chemistry essay and I thought you'd died by the way you screamed," he answered, and Y/N giggled slightly from underneath him. "I just worry about you sometimes, that's all."

"I don't really want you to worry about me if this is what it does to you," Y/N said quietly and Makki leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"I'm your boyfriend, I'm supposed to worry about you," he replied, resting his chin on-top of Y/N's head. "If I didn't, then what kind of boyfriend would I be?"

~*~

The thought of Makki with a baseball bat made me laugh really loudly for some reason.