Kageyama Tobio ~ Voice

This super cute idea was requested by Hisaye so I hope you enjoy!

~*~

Kageyama was never able to speak, ever since he was little.

His parents knew it was normal for a baby to not be able to speak until they were around one or two, but when Kageyama reached the age of four and still hadn't uttered a single word, they started to grow worried.

He could perfectly understand what other people were saying and all, but he just couldn't physically respond.

He'd been to many speech therapists before, but none of them could help him, and Kageyama wasn't nearly as distraught as his parents were, but he didn't really understand.

It wasn't really until he was in middle school that he had grown sick of always having to write down what he wanted to say, so he decided to learn sign language, and even taught his parents and closest friends so they could communicate with him.

It took a hell of a long time to learn, but by his first year of high school, Kageyama had mastered sign language and wasn't really up for teaching others how to learn it, but - to his surprise - there was already someone who knew it.

L/N Y/N.

It was safe to say that Kageyama had fallen for her the moment he saw her, and he wanted to cry when he found out that Y/N knew sign language too.

He could've easily told her that he loved her through sign language, but Kageyama thought it would take the fun and excitement out of everything for Y/N, even though he didn't even know if she liked him back.

She probably didn't.

~*~

When Karasuno won against Shiratorizawa, Kageyama felt words building up in his throat, but his brain wouldn't let him say them.

So many words that he wanted to say, so many emotions he wanted to express, and it wasn't until Y/N ran up to him and tackled him in a hug that did those words finally decide to come out.

"I love you," he said, not knowing what his voice would sound like until the words had come out.

His voice wasn't too loud, but loud enough for Y/N and the team around them to hear, and it was quite deep aswell, and it sounded like...Kageyama...

"What?" Y/N whispered in shock, pulling back from Kageyama and staring at him in shock. "Did you just say something?"

Kageyama blinked for a moment before gulping and clearing his throat.

"I...love you," he repeated, testing the words out on his tongue, but he was cut off from his thoughts when Y/N suddenly hugged him again, starting to cry.

"Why is Y/N-chan crying?" Hinata asked, cocking his head to the side.

"I think that confession has been a long time coming," Daichi patted Hinata on the shoulder before crossing his arms over his chest and watching the two first-years.

Kageyama had finally found his voice...

~*~

That last sentence, kill me it was so cringy.