Musical Plumber - Kim Namjoon

"Would it be alright if I had your number?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stupid stupid stupid arghhhh-"
Y/N has been cursing herself for the last few hours.

Her mom was coming over to visit the next day and her bathtub had been running without end.
She was able to stop it by using a wrench that her neighbour had let her borrow but it wasn't without its casualties.

The bathroom had almost flooded and the water is barely missing the electric sockets in the hallway.
Y/N needed help, ASAP.

She had immediately called an emergency plumber's service line and now waited.
Of course she just couldn't sit still.

"It'll be fine, someone will come. Argh I knew the taps were faulty I should've fricking replaced them earlier!"
She'd been pacing around and it was a wonder her feet didn't hurt from all the stomping.

After what seemed like actual
days in her stressed view, the doorbell rang and Y/N instantaneously went to open it.
"Hello, are you the..."

She stopped and took a deep breath.
Her eyes unconsciously took in the appearance of the man in front of her doorstep.

With dark slick hair and cute glasses resting over thoughtful eyes, Y/N wondered if this indeed was the plumber.
But then she saw his work clothes and a tool kit and she realised.

"The plumber? Yes I am Miss, there's a problem right?"
The man said in a smooth voice and Y/N just couldn't stop gazing at him.

"Um hello miss? Am I at the wrong house?"
He said confusingly and looked at his phone.

"O-Oh sorry, I'm just a little tired. You're at the right house."
She gestured for him to enter and he did so with a smile.

Oh he has dimples too oh my goodness-

"Uh- you see my bathtub has always has faulty taps and I guess this was the day it got out of control..."
She led him upstairs and felt embarrassed at the scene.

"Ah, I see you tried to fix it yourself?"
He said, looking at the carelessly placed wrench on the floor.

Not only was she anxious about her mother and the incident but she was faced with an extremely handsome man who was probably judging her tremendously.
Y/N wanted to run outside and scream her head off.

But she settled with a shy nod of the head since that seemed more sane.

The plumber put down his tool box and went straight to work.
"This should be an easy fix, I'll be able to replace your taps as I have a few spares. You might have to help with getting rid of this water."

"That's no problem! I'll get started on that, tell me if you need anything."
Y/N began walking downstairs before turning around abruptly.

"Um, I'm Y/N. What's your name?"
She asked meekly, only to be met with a small cute smile.

"Namjoon."
Y/N smiled in response before she'd gone downstairs with pink-tinted cheeks.

"Okay, just work. You don't have the time for this..."
She mumbled to herself lowly as she got a bucket and mop from the storeroom.

When she got back to the bathroom, Namjoon was fiddling with the taps and small popped.
His chin seemed protruded, 'so focussed whoa'.

"So... Is this your full time job?"
Some small talk wouldn't hurt, right?

"Oh no I'm a college student, studying a major in Music. This is a part-time job for some helpful income"
Y/N hummed, this man was very approachable.

He was in college like her and he was in Music?
This intrigued Y/N even more.

Soon, Namjoon was finished and Y/N had been able to soak up most of the water.
It wouldn't take long for the rest but Namjoon had to take his leave.

"Thanks so much, you're a lifesaver."
Namjoon gave her a lopsided smile, brushing off the comment modestly.

"I recommend getting a new bathtub if there's any problems in the future, nice meeting you."
He began walking away from the house as Y/N had the courage to do something else.

C'mon, it's not every day you stumble towards a man like this!

"Oh, one more thing!"
Namjoon turning around, pushing up his glasses.

"Yes?"
Y/N gulped slightly herself and asked shyly.

"Would it be alright if I had your number?"

The End ♥️