Countdown - Jung Hoseok

Five, Four, Three, Two, One!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just a few more minutes until the New Year!"
A friend announces, even though we all know it.

It's the excitement kicking in, how close the new year is to us all.
How close new chapters are.

We're all relatively tipsy but sober enough to not do any crazy stuff.
Which is nice, I want to soak in the first day.

It's cold, I'm wearing a puffer jacket and a large scarf to cover my mouth.
My boyfriend, Hoseok, is wearing similar attire, rubbing our hands together every so often to keep us warm.

We're all standing together in a crowd, waiting for the fireworks to start and signal the new year.
Despite it being so late and cold, I'm so energetic, bouncing slightly with a wide grin.

"Y/N-ah, you look adorable."
Hoseok states randomly, to which I roll my eyes at playfully.

"You've said that too many times Hobi."
To which he replied with, it's true though!

We giggle together, cuddling to conserve heat.
Totally not 'cause we're cringy and love each other.

"I love you, you know that right?"
A one minute countdown starts, how did it get there already?

"Yes, I love you too Hoseok."
I move my scarf down and peck his cold cheek, shivering right away and he chuckles.

He brushes his finger over my lips, warming them up again.
Thirty, Twenty Nine, Twenty Eight...

"Can we do this every year Y/N?"
I see him mouth the question, ears only hearing the voices of the crowd.

I nod softly, seeing his eyes light up from the nearby fireworks being set.
Or is it just him?

Five, Four, Three, Two, One!
I close my eyes, getting ready for the burst of noise to hit me.

The cacophony is expected, but what isn't is Hoseok's lips against mine the second it hits midnight.
Of course, of course this cheesy guy would do this.

But I love it, I love the gentle touch of his softness turning deeper.
And it becomes better as we both smile against each other.

Tremendous cheering and the colourful explosions in the sky greet the new year along with us.
I can't help but hope every New Year's Countdown is like this.

The End ♥️

Happy New Year everyone! My bad if this was too sappy, I had to 😂
I hope you have many beautiful moments and good health this year, and the years that follow. You all deserve love. Here's to a great 2019!
💜💜💜

 Here's to a great 2019!💜💜💜