Drinking Agony - Park Jimin

"Easy there lady, misery and drinking is not a good combination"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a raven-haired woman, sitting all alone, in the farthest corner of the pub, nursing glass after glass of alcohol.
It's burning her throat, stinging her taste buds but can she stop?

No.

The pain stops her tears from surfacing, raining down her skin like never-ending waterfalls.
It numbs her, erases her emotions for just a bit, until the sunrise where her head will pound inevitably.

She keeps ordering drinks, knowing her best friend is the bartender, who can't do anything watch his friend kill herself inside.
"Y/N, you need to go home, it's almost midnight. I can end my shift early for you and take you home just please stop this."

He asks, going up to her for the umpteenth time, he is refused with a sluggish shake of the woman's head.
"I'll go soon- just keep working. I'll be okay on my own."

Her concealed slurs don't go unnoticed by the bartender but he can't do anything.
A drunk, stubborn and sad Y/N, is not a Y/N you cross.

So the best friend goes back to his post, back to serving ungrateful old men.
What the two don't realise, is that there was a man watching their every move- Y/N's every move.

He kept watching as Y/N walked out, stumbling outside to the busy night life.
He went after her, after inhaling his wine, paying quickly and muttering keep the change kid to her best friend as he rushed out.

He stayed behind her, figuring that she was too drunk to realise someone was following her so closely.
Which is exactly why he was following her, as she became a vulnerable lamb as soon as she submitted herself to the sweet and sinister alcohol.

He couldn't help but smirk a few times as she tried to keep herself steady, weaving through bustling cowards and onto more empty roads.
The man felt weird, it was like he was stalking her.

All for this woman's safety, of course.

Then, he saw a broken pipe on the pavement, one that Y/N took no notice of.
He sped up, arms open to catch her as she tripped over it.

She groaned, before trying to push herself away from the man, who was only trying to help.
She looked at him, taking in his sharp jawline and blonde silky hair, eyes full of reluctant worry.

"Easy there lady, misery and drinking is not a good combination."

He said, grunting as he swung her arm over his shoulder.
She leaned on him, unable to find the energy to stop him.

'For all I know, he could be planning to kidnap me' she thought, walking slowly alongside him.
She clutched her stomach, doubling over.

"If you need to puke, you can. I wouldn't expect anything less to be honest..."
Y/N shook her head feverishly, her other hand gripping his shoulder harshly.

"Why- why are you helping me?"
She asked, voice raspy and unclear.

"Because you downed too many shots back at the pub and your buddy seemed way too worried. I am too, what were you thinking?"
She shook her head again, avoiding the question and starting to walk again.

"I'm fine. Just fine- I'm almost home, thank you but I can get there myself."
The blonde laughed deeply, mockingly.

"Yeah yeah, I can totally see that. Listen, just let me help you."
Y/N went back to her silent, incapable self, despite her self-annoyance.

The two walked until Y/N pointed out an apartment complex, hers.
He brought her to it and waited for her to get in.

"You need me to get you up there?"
He asked, watching her stagger into the building with a wince.

"It's fine I swear, thank you-?"

"Jimin. My name's Jimin. Try not to get wasted on a heartbroken night next time please? I'd rather not see you at the pub like that again."
Y/N had questions but just nodded, turning around and getting to the lift.

Jimin stood outside the building, scratching the back of his head.
He chuckled, shaking his head as he begun his way back home in the dark night.

The End ♥️