Heartbroken - Kim Seokjin

"Please don't break my heart"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He hated when she would cry.

Not because he didn't want her to cry, gosh no.
It's because he felt useless, he felt like his own heart broke whenever he saw hers' break.

Her heart had been broken twice.

Once by her father, an alcoholic who left the girl at a young age, with her mother who couldn't raise two children on her own.
The second time was a few hours ago with a man, who she found herself falling in love with over the course of several years, broke up with her... After she found out that he had been unfaithful.

The now ex-couple had met at the start of middle school and now that she was dumped by him, she felt worthless.
So here she was, crying in the stiff arms of Seokjin, her best friend since childhood.

His parents would help out her mother with her three children, Seokjin and Y/N being the same age.
They were best friends forever since birth yet not once did Y/N notice Seokjin's increasing love for her.

Yes, this is a short story of loving a best friend... who doesn't love you back.
Typical, I know. Cliché, yes.

Back to the crying.

Tears seemed to be plentiful in Y/N's body, for she could not stop shedding them.
Despite Seokjin seeing this happen too many times to count, he didn't have the ability to sweep her up on her feet and make her laugh with all his bad jokes.

Every ounce of the happy-spirited Seokjin would disappear, as all he could possibly do was comfort her through the hardships.
Even if she appreciated them, Seokjin still felt as though he wasn't a huge help.

"S-Seokjin... I'm sorry," she spoke with a trembling voice, face filled with anguish, "I'm sorry that y-you have to deal with such a mess all the time."

Seokjin shushed her, tightening their embrace, his top soaked with tears and ruined mascara by now.
"Calm down, you're not a burden to me. I'll be here for you forever."

Y/N looked up at him with glossy eyes, "r-really? I get scared that I'll be left behind by everyone."

"No, no, not by me. Not by those who truly adore you."
Y/N's response was a sniffle, followed by a muffled whisper of I don't deserve you as a best friend.

If Seokjin wasn't hurt by the sigh of a heartbroken Y/N, then this truly shattered him; there was no way she saw him as anything more.
He rested his chin on her head, stroking her back soothingly.

A few minutes may have passed, before Y/N said to him, "please don't break my heart."

And Seokjin muttered, of course.
If only he could've asked her, not to break his.

The End ♥️