Ordering A Dose Of Intimacy - Jung Hoseok

Maybe he was just looking out for her, or maybe something more?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what Hoseok has observed over at his shifts for the fast food shop, was that there was a particular girl who never seemed to talk.

She would always come in with a group of friends, who were boisterous women unlike herself, and let them talk and order for her.
She wouldn't smile, instead having a constant expression of uneasiness etched into her face.

He figured she was around the same age as him, maybe a year or two younger, with shiny black hair that floated gently above her shoulders and brown beady eyes. Why he's thinking of this now, you ask?

The girl is here. Alone.
Out of the several months that he's had a part-time job here, he has never seen the girl here alone.

And she's looks terrified out of her innocent little mind.

Being a fast food shop on the high street, it's bound to always be busy.
Said girl, was not comfortable at all, at least from Hoseok's point of view she wasn't.

As he takes someone else's order, he notices a man, probably a foot taller than himself, bump into her.
He doesn't seem to realise, as he keeps joking around with his friends.

The girl just looks down and her already small posture shrinks even further, not saying anything due to her socially awkward nature.
The anxiousness radiates from her, making Hoseok fretful of her experience.

After finishing the order, their eyes meet for a spilt second. Hoseok calls her over warmly, giving her a grin as she cautiously approaches the counter he's never saw her touch.
"Fancy seeing you here alone, how's everything going?"

"O-oh me? Yes I'm fine thank you."
Her hands fidget and she answers quietly, unconsciously making Hoseok lean closer.

"You okay?"
He asks, genuinely perturbed for her.

"Yes just, not good at talking... I'm sorry." She shrivels up, pouting and letting her fringe drape over her eyes.

The loud noises don't help, so Hoseok moves his head closer with a reassuring smile dancing on his face.
"It's fine, I was wondering how you sounded anyways."

She looks up and giggles, a timid but cute one, as she realises that he must see her acting agitated a lot.
Their eyes lock, a sparkling in both their souls, entrancing themselves in the moment, the bustle being forgotten... Almost.

"...So what would you like?"
He asks, reverting to his nice employee status, which was rarely ever staged.

"O-oh! Um, a seven inch pizza with pepperoni and jalapeños please?"
Her cheeks became tinted with pink, most likely from the sudden intimate moment they shared.

"Sure! I recommend sweet corn and red onion as well."
She nodded in response, giving Hoseok a small smile.

"Alright, please wait patiently for your order!"
He said, bowing his head slightly and the girl made way for the other customers.

She found a vacant stool to sit on and wait, despite having other customers to tend to, Hoseok found himself glancing at the young woman frequently in the couple of minutes he had before her meal was ready.

Maybe he was just looking out for her, or maybe something more?

When Hoseok's employees gave him the girl's order, he made sure to gently call her over, as to not frighten her (albeit it was rather difficult to in the vibrant and loud shop).
"Thank you for being so kind." She said, carefully taking the takeaway bag from his hands.

"No problem miss, don't be a stranger." He waved goodbye with a playful wink, causing her to giggle once again.
She goes home, feeling better about the outing, perhaps she could talk to him again.

And perhaps Hoseok would ask for her name the next time she did so.

The End ♥️