Comfort Amidst Agony - Kim Taehyung

"...cramps."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requested by totisconchile
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tears start falling down Y/N face as her face scrunches up in agony, her hands clenched into tight fists. "Ow... ow... okay, argh," she mutters under her shaky breath, trying to breathe through the pain.

Fucking periods cramps.

Begrudgingly, she tries to stand up from the sofa, moving over to the kitchen cabinets. She opens one and brings out some painkillers, having with lukewarm water (even if she dislikes it).

She places her hands on the countertop, standing straight and heaving heavily, before quickly wiping away the tears on her hot cheeks. Suffering like this once a month is never nice. She hears footsteps down the stairs - her husband - and tries to seem normal, hoping the painkiller kicks in sooner than later.

"Hey sweetheart, want me to cook anything for dinner tonight?" He asks as he kisses her on the forehead before stating, "I'm craving pasta."

Y/N nods, trying to give him the most convincing smile she can muster, "sounds great Taehyung."

However, the raven-haired male could sense something off from miles away, his lips settling into a curious frown. "Is everything okay?" He asks, his hand patting her head gently.

Y/N had been avoiding eye contact, so when she finally looks up into his dark brown eyes, she can't hide it anymore. "...cramps." She responds through gritted teeth, fingers fidgeting behind her back.

Taehyung's gaze softens, embracing her with an I'm sorry love. Y/N questions why he'd apologise and he replies with I feel bad.

"Go lie down on the sofa, I'll start making dinner and we can go to bed early. Okay?" He asks but doesn't wait for an answer when he gets her a blanket and cushion.

As Y/N attempts to fight her pain while watching her favourite rom-com, Taehyung gets started on their dinner. He figures Fettuccine Alfredo would be good comfort food for his wife.

Once he's letting the fettuccine boil in salted water, he begins making the sauce. His eyes wander to the sofa often, keeping his ears open for any sounds of distress. It isn't much longer until the food is cooked and garnished. He had enough time to prepare a side salad.

"Oh, love~ Dinner is served!" He announces in a cheerful manner, bringing the two hot plates of food to Y/N. She sits up slowly, wondering why they aren't eating at the dining table. He answers her inaudible question, "it would be easier for you to eat here and I don't mind sitting on the floor anyways."

He gives her a large smile, before digging in. Y/N can't help but giggle, before beginning to devour the tasty dish. The pain hasn't subsided but it certainly isn't as bad as it was before.

When they both finish and the movie is done, Taehyung cleans up. Whilst washing the dishes, Y/N hugs him from behind. "Thank you so much, Tae. This was super sweet and the pasta was great. I feel better now," she says, resting her head against his back. "I'm sorry too."

Taehyung chuckles before replying with there's nothing to be sorry for. He washes his hands and quickly dries them before turning around to face the beautiful woman in front of him. "If you're in pain, then I have to do something to help, don't I? Besides, I'd rather you not make a horrible dinner because of your cramps."

Y/N laughs at that, before wincing and putting her hand on her stomach. "Maybe that's enough laughter for today, I feel so tired." Taehyung nods in agreement, entwining their hands.

"I can give you a massage if you want," he offers, the couple walking upstairs together.

Y/N smiles - a genuine smile this time - before accepting. "You make me feel way too loved," and the two chuckle at that.

The End ♥️