Rocky Relationship & A Favourable Friendship - Kim Taehyung

"I want to be with someone who cares about why I've been quiet suddenly. Not someone who gets mad just because I'm acting differently."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why are you so distant? Are you on your period?"

Y/N could've sworn that her eyes had rolled to another dimension when her boyfriend asked that question.
He always, always, asked that when she was acting 'different.'

She couldn't be upbeat and cheerful all the time, how is that normal?
It only got her boyfriend in a bad mood too, it seemed like he didn't even worry about her.

He only wanted Y/N to be happy and lovey-dovey when she was with him.
He didn't appear to understand what would put her in a bad state of mind and he certainly didn't make any effort to find out why.

"I'm just not in the best mood right now, okay babe?"
She replied, trying to give him a smile of sorts.

"Well, maybe quit it. We're almost there."
Y/N didn't say anything in response to that, she didn't want to argue with him before the party.

Yep, the slightly bothered couple were on their way to a friend's housewarming party, on the outside they would've looked like a beautiful pair.
Internally, Y/N was trying hard to be in good spirits, hoping that her partner wouldn't be annoyed at her.

She stayed quiet the whole car ride, before meeting with others at the party.
She told jokes and chatted with others, feeling a bit better as she was surrounded by her own group of friends.

The night was bustling and fun until Y/N saw her man getting cosy with another girl across the room.
They looked to be simply talking however, she did not miss the way his hands trailed around the stranger's body.

Y/N took this moment to excuse herself, saying that she needed some air.
In reality, she needed to make sure she wouldn't explode in front of everyone.

She didn't want to jump to conclusions but that scene rubbed her up in all the wrong ways.
Why can't she feel mad? Betrayed? Sad? Meanwhile, her boyfriend gets moody and potentially goes off with other girls?

As she stood alone outside the house, the cold breeze hitting her bare arms, a familiar voice called out to her.
"Y/N! I didn't see you at all before, where have you been?"

It was Taehyung, a friend of hers since high school; he was her former classmate who knew her long before Y/N started dating.
She instantly smiled when she saw him, he had an aura that made many people feel happy.

"I could say the same for you! Talking up some ladies inside?" She joked, embracing him in a fond manner.
He chuckled, shaking his head in amusement, before questioning her.

"How have you been lately? You look pretty tired, party wearing you out?"
Y/N sighed, she figured she could vent to him.

"I think it's more than the party. It's been stressful for me lately. Work had gotten challenging and let's just say my relationship is on the rocks. Apparently, it's mostly my fault."

Taehyung nodded, rubbing her back soothingly.
"Perhaps he thinks that you're not enjoying the relationship. I could talk to him, if you want? I'm sure he'll understand that you're having a hard time with other stuff."

Y/N shook her head in disagreement, "I've told him that. He won't listen. Also... I do think I don't enjoy the relationship anymore. I've been with him for almost two years Tae and I really adore him but... I've realised recently that he's always been like this. I just..."

Taehyung urged her to carry on, scanning the immediate vicinity to see if anyone was in the range where they could hear the conversation. It would definitely cause a scene if anyone heard them discussing this.

"I want to be with someone who cares about why I've been quiet suddenly. Not someone who gets mad just because I'm acting differently."

Taehyung hummed in response and looked to the sky, trying to find the right words to say.
"Well... if you think this relationship isn't going the way you want, if you think this man isn't the man you want and if you think you can't do anything more to salvage this relationship. Just dump him. From what you're telling me, he's being an inconsiderate asshole."

Y/N couldn't help but laugh at his last sentence, covering her mouth in shock.
"I can't even disagree with you Tae. Thank you. I'll talk to him as he drops me off home."

Taehyung gave her a wide grin, showing off the signature boxy grin she first saw years ago.
"Anything Y/N, you know I got your back. Just tell me if I need to throw hands at him."

The End ♥️