After Practice - Park Jimin

"I have a gift~"
He whispered in a voice laced with velvet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ALRIGHT TAKE FIVE!"
The female coach shouted, letting every girl collapse onto the floor or stagger to fuel themselves with water.

Y/N was one of them, she was in the school's prestige team of cheerleaders.
In only a few days, a talent show was being held and the PE department thought a performance from the cheerleaders would be exciting.

After all, the girls were all good at gymnastics and dance.
The routine was tiring however, nothing you'd see at a regular football match.

Y/N wiped the sweat from her neck with a clean towel and sighed whilst looking at the time.
She didn't mind practising for long but her heaves were getting harder.

She took a long sip of her now lukewarm water before slowly practising her parts.
The performance was filled with intricate details like tapestry; one tiny mistake and it would all untangle into a mess.

"Girls! I know you've been working hard since school ended so I've decided to let you have an early finish. Don't strain yourselves!"
Everyone thanked the coach with relief.

Y/N immediately fled to the changing room with some of the others.
She stretched a little before retreating into the comforts of her own clothes.

"Y/N, you know your man is waiting outside the building. He's been here all this time."
Y/N looked at the peer who said that with wide eyes.

Practice started at 3, it was now a bit after 5:30pm.
What was her boyfriend thinking?

She quickly got her stuff and speed-walked outside.
Going through the hallway, she saw some of the jocks harmlessly lingering around as well.

Maybe they had training too?
She would've known beforehand though, her 'man' (as the classmate said) would've told her.

He was on the football team, one of the star players.
The two were seen as a power couple but they were just normal teenagers.

Sweethearts together, young lovers.
Y/N was met with his soft hair as the calm breeze chilled her face, signalling an exit out of the PE block.

"Jimin? Please don't tell me you were waiting long."
The body she was addressing turned around with a small smile, eyes lighting up.

Ah yes Jimin Park.

The guy with the sweet smile and heartwarming kindness.
Also a man with the tendency to have all the girls fawn over him due to his cute and sexy nature when playing.

"Yes I was waiting for you. Me and Taehyung were practising last-minute shootouts with some of the others when we realised the time had flown by. I thought I'd stay back until you finished."
Y/N intertwined her fingers with his his and pecked his cheek lovingly.

"Sorry for the wait, let's go home. My legs are about to buckle any minute."
Jimin nodded before gesturing that she should get on his back.

She took his bag and let him give her a piggyback.
"You seem lighter, are you eating well?"

"Yes I am, it's just the extended practice sessions. Stop worrying about me~"
She whined tiredly, nestling her head in the crook of his neck.

Jimin chuckled before humming a quiet tune, the conversation turning into a comfortable absence of talk.
The pair silently walked through the peaceful neighbourhood, the sky turning a soft orange.

It wasn't long until they stopped in front of Y/N's house, Jimin making his way to her front door.
"Princess, you're home."

Y/N slid off him and thanked him gently, yawning afterwards.
She didn't realise she was this worn out.

"Take care babe, be safe and text me as soon you get home."
She said as she opened the door, feeling Jimin's arms pulling her back to him in protest.

"I have a gift~"
He whispered in a voice laced with velvet.

She looked at him with a raised eyebrow as he got out a box from his backpack.
He opened it for her and revealed a blue bow hairclip.

"Jimin... This is actually so adorable- it'll even fit the outfits for the talent show. Thank you baby."
She had enough energy to hug him tightly with adoration.

He chuckled and pat her head, kissing the side of her forehead.
"I've missed you, that's all. Our schedules aren't the best right now."

Y/N agreed, grinning widely from the amount of affection Jimin had for her.
She noted that she should take him out when the hectic practice sessions ended before leaning closer.

Their lips melded together, short but sweet passion accentuated.
He huskily murmured don't get me riled up now against her softness, making her giggle.

"Bye Jiminie."
She said, separating from his touch and entering her home.

"Take a bath before sleeping, you deserve all the relaxation offered before working hard again tomorrow."
He said, making Y/N sigh dramatically at his dad-like words.

"Okay okay, now get home. You need rest too."
She said, the two waving at each before she shut the front door.

Jimin chuckled to himself before making his way home.
Oblivious to the fact that an I love you with all I have message was sent to him by the person he just dropped off home.

The End ♥️