After White Day? - Min Yoongi

"An amazing gift for an amazing girl"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: For those who don't know, Valentine's Day is when the girls make/give chocolate to the guys whilst White Day is when the men who received chocolates, give gifts to the girls.
This is just a short explanation, there are more changing factors in today's society.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He's such a sweet boy, yet you're going to dump him after White Day? Unnie don't you think that's cruel?"
My little sister states whilst I scroll through Instagram on my phone.

It's late and we're both ready to sleep but she won't leave since this is an 'important discussion'.
"I mean, I made chocolates for him on Valentine's Day so I don't think he'll mind."

"That's not the point!"
She yells and I shush her harshly, despite being a year younger than me it's like we're two friends.

"I don't see a big deal about it, besides we talked about it before."
Her mouth gapes wide open.

"He knows and agreed?? What the heck..."
I shrug nonchalantly, setting my phone down and getting into bed.

"Go to your room, I'm tired."
She's still for a few seconds, before moving and stopping just at the doorway.

"...you've only been together for over a month but I think you two are so cute together. He's so caring and you seem genuinely happy with him. I don't know why you're suddenly like this but please don't break up like this."

I stay silent, rustling my head further into my pillows as she walks out of my room, closing the door quietly.
I sigh deeply, dropping my uninterested act.

I would like to be with Yoongi, but  I think I screwed up already.

•••••••

It's finally White Day and I'm standing outside a cute café for only a few seconds, waiting for my boyfriend to come.
I'm nervous for some reason, it's the excited nervous, wishfully thinking that it'll all be fine.

Did I put a strain on our relationship?

When I first mentioned breaking up, I could tell he was shocked.
I said that I 'wasn't feeling it' and that we should cut it off whilst it's early.

Then I messed up by saying we should break up after the two love days, which looking back on it now was immature.
Yet he agreed, faking smiles and why did I let it happen if I knew he was hurt?

What kind of person am I?

"Y/N, sorry to make you wait."
Yoongi's voice snaps me back into reality.

He looks at me with a sweet smile, which I return. We walk into the café where the tables are all filled with other couples.
As my eyes darts from person to person, my heart swells with delight.

We sit down, quickly ordering something before talking.
I ask him about his day, about anything happening beforehand.

He somehow segways the conversation into putting a small box on the table and askimg me to open it.
I cautiously untie the ribbon, so slow that Yoongi raises an eyebrow.

And when I finally lift the lid, my heart drops.
A beautiful, beautiful silver bracelet, with hooks for charms to collect.

"Yoongi... you didn't have to get me this."
He deadpans at me, before giving a wry smile.

"An amazing gift for an amazing girl."
Stop it, you're making this harder.
"Also, it's a thank you gift for being a great girlfriend. It didn't last long but you made me happy."

Oh my god.
I'm such a fool.

I clear my throat, clasping his hands and bowing my head lowly.
"I'm so sorry."

His hands quickly pushed my shoulders up, his expression full of confusion and surprise.
"Don't do that- sorry for what?"

"You know... my immaturity and bluntness. I-I... I don't want to break up with you and it makes me sad to what you say that because I know I've hurt you. I don't deserve this Yoongi. I'm sorry."

My voice cracks into a whisper towards the end, embarrassment settling in as I push the box back and look down at my lap to avoid his eyes.
I hear him move forward and suddenly his face is below mine, with that gummy smile I admire.

I move my head back in shock, watching him laugh with wide eyes.
"You're actually so- nevermind. I'm probably won't forgive you soon but I'll keep being your boyfriend. Maybe make another batch of those chocolates."

He winks and I scoff, wanting to scold him but then I realise... it's his defence mechanism.
The Yoongi I know won't show sadness or weakness easily, yet it pains me more.

But still, that's a real smile that I can't leave, so I'll hope that he means what he says.
The food arrives and we begin eating right away in a somewhat comfortable silence, an occasional sentence being said from time to time.

As we start to leave, he gets my wrist and pulls it closer to him.
"I want you to wear this now..." He whispers.

He fits the bracelet onto me, a slight blush hunting both our cheeks.
I can't tell whether this is sweet or completely awkward.

If it's awkward, that's entirely my fault.
As it has been for the whole time.

We walk out and I clutch his arm gently, giving him a smile as we walk.
"I'm sorry and I'll keep saying it for a while."

He stops, leaning down to peck my lips.
"If you promise to stay with me forever, it'll be enough."

I nod, a dreamy, genuine nod, hoping I can keep that promise.
Because my sister said the other night was right.

The End ♥️

A massive thank you to those who have been reading and voting because this book has now got 1K votes and over 30K reads!! ✨♥️
I get happier each day because of you 😘

A massive thank you to those who have been reading and voting because this book has now got 1K votes and over 30K reads!! ✨♥️I get happier each day because of you 😘