He's Back - Kim Namjoon

Their hearts finally beating next to each other again
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A soft knock was heard on the foggy glass door of the Kim residence, a tall and beautiful woman going to answer the beckoning.
She expected it to be a delivery man yet she didn't remember ordering anything recently.

As she got closer to the translucent door, she could make out the figure perfectly fine.
A tall male, not exactly lanky as she knew he possessed flattering muscles, as well as recognising the buzzcut that the person had sported for the past year and a bit.

Her hands scrambled to open the door, her heartbeat becoming rapid as she felt hopeful and shocked.
There he was, her husband who she hadn't been with for what seemed like a hundred-year military service.

Her husband dropped the large backpack he had over his shoulder, it slowly fell to the floor as his eyes took in the sight before him.
They both had a few seconds of silence, it would seem strange to any outsider.

The fact was that this homecoming was a surprise for the female; she knew he was coming back soon, but not today.

The stunned woman stepped out of the house, bare feet moving close to black chunky shoes, as she wrapped her arms around the brunette male's neck.
In response to the act of longing affection, he picked her up by her waist to tightly embrace her.

"I missed you," he whispered, stroking her fringe away from her forehead to kiss it with fondness.
She nodded, sniffling as she looked up to him.

"Ah, you haven't changed Namjoon, honestly. Still my handsome man... Guess you can start growing back your hair huh? I like this look on you though."

Namjoon chuckled, wiping stray tears from his lover's cheeks as he replied, "really? Then I'll keep it for a little while."

The reunited couple smiled brightly at each other, going into the house and settling down.
Their hearts finally beating next to each other again.

The End ♥️

I imagine Military homecomings to be very emotional 😢