Shatter - Jung Hoseok

He thought it was a test, a test he was doing pretty good at by now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoseok dropped his pen, slouching on his chair. He ran his hand through his dishevelled hair for the umpteenth time and sighed, relieved that he had finished work for the day.

Sitting in a chair all day, writing draft upon draft for songs, wasn't good for the body at all. He stands up, stretching before jumping onto the studio sofa and lying down.

As much he wanted to sleep right then and there, he needed to go home and actually take care of himself properly. He took his phone out of his trouser pocket and begun going through a magnitude of notifications.

He was able to smile due to his friends, his family, his fans. Soon enough, he was laughing at the antics of his group members on their group chat, feeling less sluggish all of a sudden.

So he cleaned up the mess on his desk, turned off all the electronics and put on his jacket, going out of the building. He enters a company car, getting comfortable.

Thoughts ran through his head, going through past events that meant a lot to him, as well as those that shattered him. His mind always seemed to go back to her, he wasn't fussed though.

He thought it was a test, a test he was doing pretty good at by now.

She shattered him when she left him, he tried hard to pretend nothing happened. Eventually, it was as if nothing did happen.

He would look through all the pictures, memory reels engrained in him, before deleting them gradually. He felt good that he could let go.

It hit him, the whole debacle really was toxic. Maybe that's why he wasn't so damaged after a few months. Not that he didn't appreciate all that happened, but it really went south more than it went north per se.

Now, he smiles looking back at the good things, laughs at the stupid things, thankful for everything he was taught through it. He hopes it shatters her whenever she sees him smiling and laughing too.

The End ♥️

Get rid of toxicity <333