So Close - Min Yoongi

"We'll study together again another time, okay? I can always make time for you."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/3

Y/N was not feeling her best.

She had fallen sick last week and although she felt much better today, she still was exhausted. She had already missed days of college, behind on work, so her boyfriend - Yoongi - offered to help her.

Graciously accepting, they planned to study together at her place. Not only was she worried about being a mess, but she was also nervous because she really liked him. They had met on the first day of classes, the pair getting on in an instant. Once Y/N knew he reciprocated the same feelings, they started dating. Then, Yoongi asked her to be his girlfriend and she happily accepted.

They were now dating for a few months but this had been the first time he had ever been in her house, alone. It had Y/N a little stressed, to be honest. That, alongside her prolonged fatigue, was not a great combination.

He began sharing his notes with her, teaching her and making sure she understood the new content. Even though her head hurt, she was getting it. It made her feel better about the whole situation.

Until her throat got dry, stopping the studying to get a glass of water. When she stood up, her head panged with pain, disorientating her. She staggered forward, only to fall backwards. Her vision went black, unable to control her movement anymore.

A few seconds passed - feeling like minutes - until she could see again. The light coming from the windows allowed her to behold Yoongi right in front of her face. She hadn't fallen. Instead, Yoongi caught her before she collapsed on the wooden floor.

"Hey, are you there? Say something babe," Yoongi pleaded, eyes splayed open with worry.

Y/N couldn't get herself to reply yet, just aware of the distance between them, or lack thereof. Eventually, she blurted out, "so close." Yoongi chuckled at that, rolling his eyes.

"Well, I did just catch you as you fell. Speaking of which, what the hell...?" He whispered the last part of his sentence, now stunned. Then, after fleeting seconds of confusion, he put his arm beneath her knees to carry her.

He placed her onto the sofa she had just been sitting on, her head on the comfy rolled arm and her hair spilling messily as her chest heaved.

"Why...? Why would you work yourself so hard when you're already ill? You're sick from overworking, not from the flu," he grumbled, loud enough for Y/N to hear. "You need to sleep," he stated firmly, putting his hand on her burning forehead to check her temperature.

"But... work..." she just couldn't articulate words anymore, her mind frazzled and her mouth slow. Yoongi shook his head.

"We'll study together again another time, okay? I can always make time for you."

That statement made Y/N's cheeks flushed. Mistaking it for another symptom of illness, Yoongi quickly went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He helped her drink it carefully before he got a thin blanket and draped her with it.

"I'll study here and take care of you. Now, please rest. Tell me if you need anything else— more water?" Y/N was able to shake her head to that at least. She closed her eyes reluctantly, but not without her heart racing at his kind words.

"Don't... stare..." Y/N heard him laugh heartily in response, before feeling his soft lips on her cheek. She couldn't bring herself to react, sleep taking over.

The End ♥️

💜💜💜 HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOONGI 💜💜💜
I'm forever astounded by your song productions, your deep lyrics and your gummy smile. You stun me with your looks & your sharp words and heal me with your music & your soft nature. You make us proud. You're all you need to be for us; I appreciate you always ✨💞

 You're all you need to be for us; I appreciate you always ✨💞