Symphonic Retreat - Kim Namjoon

They are two strangers but they flee reality together
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His fingers drop elegantly against the piano keys, his emotions seeping into the ivory.
Whenever his patience dwindles or whenever the melancholy strikes too harshly, he comes back to his piano.

Compositions of every kind played, today it is a yearning of escape.
He grew up too fast despite only being in his twenties.

Sometimes his mind falters and he goes off key, that doesn't stop him.
That shouldn't stop anyone he thinks.

Stopping abruptly is painful for him so he keeps going, towards the much awaited chorus.
Where he feels someone sits down next to next, cleaning their throat gently.

The mellifluous voice sings in perfect harmony with his piano playing, her tone sad but sweet.
He feels compelled to continue, not sparing a glance at the singer.

They are two strangers but they flee reality together.

From responsibilities and the likes of the ignorance, from the lectures and the likes of the dooming world.
Eventually, the piece ends, Namjoon finally looking at his secret partner; they share no words at first, for the music presented everything already.

Then the girl softly says, "You play wonderfully, could we do this again sometime?"
The pianist nods, the ghost of a smile on his face before getting his backpack and leaving.

He looks back and waves, watching the girl's cheeks redden.
Surely, they would meet again, coincidently and whatnot.

An intimate exchange, a performance only foe the two of them.
Namjoon found himself chuckling as he walked home.

Neverland is home to Lost Boys like me, and Lost Boys like me are free.

The End ♥️