Anxious To Elation - Park Jimin

"no need to worry son, you'll do fine,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin gently knocks on the front door before wiping his hands on the sides of his trousers.
He gulps and constantly fixes his shirt collar, despite it being just fine.

He's picking up his girlfriend for their university classes, for the first time.
He passed his driving test and got a car, feeling joyous and now able to conveniently travel; so of course he'd want to take her.

And to say he's nervous is an understatement.

He's met Y/N's mom before and she's wonderful really and he's sure Y/N's dad is too.
But he's hasn't met him yet since Jimin rarely goes over to Y/N's house, he can't help but be anxious, who wouldn't be?

He wants to impress them, to gain their trust and support.
Because he's so in love with Y/N- are you cringing yet?

As the door opens, Jimin automatically smiles at who greets him.
"Morning Jiminie, thank you for picking me up."

Y/N says, beaming as she wraps her arms around her boyfriend's neck.
Jimin chuckles, hugging her too as she pecks his cheek.

Once they separate, Y/N goes back inside the house to put on her shoes and get her bag.
Jimin peers in, searching for any one of her parents.

"Mom, Dad! I'm going now, see you later!"
She yells back into the house as she walks outside with a bounce in her step.

From the hallway, Jimin watches as her mother appears and smiles at the pair of them, "take care you two!"
She waves as Y/N closes the door gently.

Y/N takes Jimin's hand in her own, pulling him to the car, "I'm so excited to sit in your car."
She whispers, anticipation emitting from her.

Jimin quickly walks forward, opening the passenger seat, "After you madam."
Y/N giggles, sitting inside with a thank you.

Out of the corner of his eye, Jimin sees the front door of the house open again.
He turns his head, to what seems to be Y/N's father.

Jimin bows his head in respect, smiling enthusiastically as the man walks to him.
"Good morning sir," he says, as said sir nods his head.

"So Y/N told me you recently passed your driving test, correct? When did you buy this car?"
He questions, a small smile on his face.

"My dad bought it for me on Saturday, he was so eager to reward me I suppose. I'll have to repay him soon for sure."
Jimin explains, looking at the decent car in admiration before smiling at Y/N again lovingly.

"Well, I trust that you'll drive safely, morning traffic isn't great."
Jimin nods rapidly, to which Y/N's father grins at, "no need to worry son, you'll do fine, have a good day at uni kids."

The couple thank him, Jimin goes over to the driver's seat and starts the car up again.
Y/N waves goodbye to her father as Jimin drives off.

"See? That wasn't so bad."
Y/N says, poking Jimin's cheeks softly.

"Yeah yeah, you know I'm always nervous unnecessarily."
Y/N shakes her head softly, pushing a strand of her fringe behind her ear.

"It shows that you care Jimin and I'm so grateful for that. I love you."
He stops at a red light and takes the time to gaze into her eyes.

"I love you too sweetheart."

The End ♥️