Rooftop Views - Park Jimin

"I was referring to you, but yes. This view is gorgeous too."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ey, you look good!" Y/N shouts, complimenting her friend as he tries to do runway-worthy poses.

They're on his apartment complex's roof, goofing around while taking pictures. The sun is going down slowly. The clear blue sky begins to fade into multiple shades of pink, purple and orange.

The pair wanted to go out, but both felt very lazy, so a tiring walk up the staircases seemed better than marching through hectic crowds of people. Y/N had just finished modelling for her 'photoshoot,' now working hard to capture her close friend's handsomeness.

She's wearing a white blouse, tucked into black ripped jeans. Jimin also has black ripped jeans on, a black t-shirt underneath a black casual blazer. With black loafers and a black beret, he looks awfully sophisticated. So does Y/N, even more so if she didn't go for comfort with trainers.

"Jimin, you're a natural!" Her over-the-top praises in a quirky tone make him chuckle occasionally. Neither of them could lie and say her 'passion' wasn't getting great shots though.

As much as she doesn't want to admit, she's acting in this way so that it isn't so obvious that her breath is stolen away every time she looks at him (which is a lot right now). She's had a crush on him for a while, but never has the courage to tell him. She doesn't want things to become awkward if he doesn't reciprocate her feelings.

As the natural lighting slowly fades away, she stops to look through her camera roll. Jimin prances over, excited to see the pictures the two of them have gotten. "Was I good?" he asks, smiling expectantly as he looks at her phone.

"Good? You were seriously great! If anything, I think my camera skills need improvement." They laugh together, sitting down on the flat rooftop and chatting.

"We should do this more often since we can't be asked to go out properly," Jimin states playfully before taking a sip of his strawberry milk tea that he had ordered from a nearby café. Y/N nods with a giggle, picking up her chocolate flavoured one too.

She puts down her phone, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, exhaling while looking at the wonderful sight before her. The city skyline against a beautiful sunset. She hears cars, people— just typical life. She's more of an observer than someone who's in that sort of bustle. So is Jimin; that's why they get along so well.

"Gorgeous, huh?" Y/N hears Jimin say beside her, turning her head to respond. Her lips part in advance, only for no sound to come out as she discovers Jimin's deep gaze on her.

She averts her eyes to the ground involuntarily, then to her milk tea before fiddling with the straw. She nods, feeling her cheeks heat up (not due to the weather). She felt her heart skip a beat when she found Jimin staring at her so deeply.

She mentally scolds herself for being awkward, before replying, "it is really is. Maybe I should just come over for this view. I could never get bored of it." Out of her peripherals, she sees Jimin face the city before turning his head up at the sky.

" I was referring to you, but yes. This view is gorgeous too."

With that, she slowly turns to face him again, her eyes widened. "Th-thank you Jimin." Great, now she's a stuttering mess.

He faces her, smiling as a way to say no worries, before the twinkle drops and he looks serious. "I need to tell you something."

Y/N furrows her eyebrows, her heart beating a bit faster than usual. His demeanour changed so quickly, but she urges him to go on with a hum. He looks down as sips on his drink before his eyes are dead set on her own, adoration swirling in his brown irises.

"I like you."

A few seconds of silence pass. To Y/N, it's as if time and life around them have stopped. She can't hear anything. Her focus is on Jimin as their surrounding blur out. Did she hear him correctly?

"What?" she blurts out, shock not registering just yet.

"I said," Jimin exhales shakily, "I like you. I like you a lot, Y/N. Have a long time."

"I..." her bottom lip quivers. This seems so surreal to her. The sunset's colours gracing the man sitting in front of her - who has just confessed - looks like a scene from a movie. The words he's uttered— it's too surreal.

"Me too," she manages to say back. "I-I like you a lot too. For a while. I— oh my god, this is a dream, right? I'm dreaming and I'm gonna wake up any second—"

Jimin presses his plump lips against Y/N's own. For a few seconds, he stays still, her ramblings having been halted. Then, he slowly begins to move, and the woman he likes can't help but mirror him. Her heart thumps against her ribs as if threatening to burst out. She thinks Jimin is so close that he can feel it, as she can feel his. He's nervous too. He likes her too.

Everything about this just makes her melt.

She puts a hand to his chest as a sign for this to stop, for both of them to catch their breaths. It was just a simple first kiss, yet their bodies soon went without air, felt on fire, felt so alive.

Y/N's cheeks are red, complementing the sky's hues surrounding them. Jimin mumbles, you're beautiful, and that doesn't help her at all. He chuckles at her flustered self, pushing a strand of her stray hair behind her ear.

"So... will you be my girlfriend?" he asks cautiously (as if they didn't just make out and as if he doesn't know if she likes him).

"Yes," Y/N replies rapidly, "yes. Yes, of course, you— you dumbass. Why didn't you tell me before?"

Jimin throws his head up as a laugh escapes his body, all his nervousness being replaced with relief and happiness. "Hey! You're not the one who confessed first!"

Y/N scrunches up her face, trying not to verbally admit it. "Well— stop laughing at me!" she yells, slapping his chest lightly.

"I'm sorry, you're just so adorable." Y/N exhales deeply at what feels like his umpteenth compliment, before shyly responding.

"You're cute too, yanno? Really sweet, really handsome, and just a really great guy. I could go on forever. You can't fault me for thinking you wouldn't like me!" Jimin grins widely at her mini-rant, taking her soft hands in his and looking into her sparkling eyes.

"That's exactly what I think too. And a lot more. We can discuss that more now, right?" he questions, his voice sounding small, feeling as though he needs to tread carefully still. Y/N nods with a large smile, boosting his confidence.

They stay like that for a bit, not exchanging words and forgetting their milk tea, forgetting the fact that the sun is almost gone and that it'll be getting cold soon. Her eyes just taking in each other. Then, Y/N cups his face in her hands, pecking his lips for a split second. They smile in an instant, resting their foreheads against each others'.

Requited love felt so good to Y/N.

The End ♥️