Angst, Cuddles, And Incoming Food - Kim Seokjin

"I dig the 'hot mess' look though."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seokjin rubs his lover's back gently, passing her new tissues occasionally as she cries her soul out next to him. He tries to utter comforting words into her ear, but her blurred vision stays fixated on the TV screen, now showing ending credits.

Romance movies with sorrowful endings always get to Y/N.

You'd think Seokjin would be bothered by it. Maybe he'd think she was overreacting, or that he'd be annoyed. It was actually the opposite. He, too, feels the same way (albeit trying to appear less emotional and animated).

"I... I thought he was going to die," she wails, blowing her nose into tissue for the umpteenth time.

I understand if you believe her reactions are too much, but they're real.

"Babe, lemme get us some water, okay?" Seokjin asks cautiously while standing up from the sofa, nodding slowly with her as if she were a sobbing toddler trying hard to make a decision.

Skedaddling to the kitchen, he could finally wipe his own tears using his sleeve. He crinkles his nose in disgust at the wet spots on his top, mentally telling himself to steal some tissues next time. He grabs two clear glasses and rinses them in a brisk manner, drying them off before filling them with warm water.

When Seokjin enters the living room, he's surprised to see a calmer Y/N. He sits down beside her again and hands over a glass, taking note of her tired expression.

"Thanks," she sniffles, looking into Seokjin's eyes in anguish. "I'm such a baby," she admits, chuckling mirthlessly to herself.

Hoping to make her feel better, Seokjin replies, "Well, I cried too you know?"

"Not like this!" she points to her red eyes and runny nose, before sighing in defeat. She takes a sip of her water, before placing the glass down and hiding her face in her hands. "I feel miserable and embarrassed."

"That wasn't obvious at all," he responds without trying to hide the sarcasm, gulping down his water as Y/N glares at him. "I dig the 'hot mess' look though."

That manages to make Y/N laugh genuinely, making Seokjin smile too. He puts his glass down and raises his arms up, open to invite her into his warm embrace. She doesn't hesitate, moving to sit on his lap and nestle her head in the crook of his neck.

They stay in that position for a while, cuddling in a comfortable silence... before a quiet stomach rumble disrupts the peace.

"Did you hear that?" Y/N questions, to which Seokjin answers hear what? "Never mind." She flashes him a small smile, before resting her head on his chest. She can hear his heartbeat, relishing in the tranquillity of the moment.

Then, her stomach gurgles again, loud enough for Seokjin to take notice this time. He chuckles and speaks, "someone's hungry, even after all the snacks."

"Hush it." Her feeble instruction brings out another laugh, which she doesn't mind at all. She just nudges his forehead with her fist, making him pinch her cheek in retaliation.

"Should we make dinner together," he suggests after she pushes his hand away, "or order in? I don't want your tummy to get mad at me." Y/N scoffs at how he's trying to baby her, playfully hitting his shoulder.

"Order in and after dinner, you can sleep on the sofa," she says, sickly-sweet, and gets up from his grasp to clean up her earlier used tissues.

"Sleep on the sofa?" He gasps, hitting his own chest in mock horror. "You wouldn't do that to me, love."

Y/N just stares at him, sniffling one last time before smirking in newfound courage. "You know I would." Seokjin watches as she retreats upstairs, slouching in dejection.

"After I consoled you... I can really feel the love!" he yells, hoping that she hears and runs back. She doesn't, so he shrugs it off, grabbing his phone to place an order for Thai food.

The End ♥️