Father Of The Bride - Kim Taehyung

Let's get you married young lady— sorry, I really wanted to say that without it being sad"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30/12

He glares at the wooden door in front of him, staring it down. He isn't angry, mad or annoyed. He's only steeling himself for the events soon to happen today.

His daughter's wedding day. It felt like only yesterday when his precious baby was born. He's standing with his hands behind his back, still able to breathe in and out in a calm manner.

"Taehyung, you look stressed. Do you want water?" His wife asks, eyes looking up at him with worry. She's wearing a lace dress, sky blue with flowers embroidered. It's simple but beautiful all the same. Just like she is.

"I'm fine Y/N... just, wow. Aeri's grown up." He's glad his voice doesn't crack but he knows he'll be on the verge of tears very soon. He doesn't want to cry today, not at all. It'll happen regardless.

"You said that when she went to college, and when she got a job, and when she found someone worthwhile of loving. I think you're going to keep saying it after today," the couple laughs together, before quietening down.

"Everything's ready?" He asks a relative, who nods before going back into the wedding hall. "You should go too," he says to Y/N.

She nods, pecking his cheek and putting any stray strands of his hair in place before leaving the room through a separate 'secret' door. The groomsmen, the bridesmaids, cameramen and all the guests are inside the spacious hall. Including the groom. The only people outside are Taehyung, Aeri - who wanted a few moments alone in the different room - and his niece, the flower girl.

Eventually, the bride appears within the luxurious hallway, giving the two others a bright smile, "I'm ready," she chirps in her gorgeous wedding dress.

Her younger cousin stares at her in awe, before closing her mouth. Taehyung becomes fidgety, dusting invisible dirt off his sleeves. He takes one look at his daughter and he feels his throat tightening.

"Dad, you look unwell," she says and places her hand on his forehead, "do you need to sit down?"

Taehyung shakes his head furiously, "no no I'm fine Aeri, I'm just—" he sighs in defeat. "You... you just..."

He doesn't notice the tears running down his cheeks until Aeri wipes some off with her thumb. "I've seen you cry before but I didn't think you'd cry now," she laughs with watery mirth, "I'll cry too at this rate."

Taehyung bites his lip and looks down for a split second, before looking up with nothing but adoration in his eyes. "You just look so beautiful. My baby girl, my dear baby girl."

Aeri embraces her father. "Thank you, thank you so much, Dad." She quickly moves away and takes his hands in hers, "thank you for everything. Thank you for raising me, for making me love myself and be proud of myself. I'm grateful for so many other things but if I continue, I'm never going to finish." Her voice wobbles, her nose sniffling as her eyes well up.

"Okay," Taehyung says to steady himself, wiping his face with the back of his hands before clearing his throat. "Let's get you married young lady— sorry, I really wanted to say that without it being sad."

Aeri laughs, clutching her stomach. The father and daughter pair look at each other and turn serious. Aeri hooks her arm elegantly around his, and their little flower girl walks towards the opening door.

As petals are spread upon the aisle, Taehyung's eyes go nowhere but to his daughter, just as everyone else watch her in admiration. Y/N begins to weep in suppressed silence, as a few others do too.

Deep down, Taehyung doesn't want to give his daughter to his future son-in-law, but he does so with no hesitance. He can't keep the two young lovebirds apart. Not when he couldn't wish for a better man who was worthy of his daughter without a shadow of a doubt.

•••••••

The night's reception was well underway by the time Taehyung finally got to sit down with a glass of red wine in his left hand. "I've never seen you cry so much in a day Tae," Y/N says, holding his right.

"As if you're haven't cried more than me today," he teases her, having a more playful demeanour than hours before. He lifts his wife's hand up and kisses each knuckle. "I love you. Thank you for giving me so much."

Y/N smiles, eyes sparkling at her husband's. "I love you. You've given me more than I ever hoped for. Including sappy recitals of love." He scrunches his nose, thinking of his embarrassing endeavours to date the woman beside him during their adolescence.

"You just had to remind me, huh? Don't you think I've suffered enough today?" The pair laugh together through the night, as they watch their family enjoy themselves. They briefly entertain the idea of waltzing together, but leave that for the ecstatic newlyweds instead.

The End ♥️

💜💜💜 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNG 💜💜💜
Time. Flies. And I don't like it 🤣 But I love you, so I guess that's all that matters 🥰 Forreal though, this guy. This guy makes me happy beyond compare. He makes me laugh until I cry, and he also just makes me cry. That makes sense, right? I don't know anymore, whenever I think of Taehyung I tend to forget how to speak. That's the effect he has on me. I'm rambling but the main point of this message is to say that I purple him. A lot. 💞💞💞

I should stop talking— have a happy new year everyone! <333