Grounded - Kim Namjoon

Go to your window
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being grounded sucks.

The one time Y/N doesn't clean her room - the one time - she gets grounded. Her dad's a neat freak but she had been revising a lot throughout the past week. She was completely unaware of the sham her room had become.

She was planning to go out with her classmates after their excruciatingly difficult exam and with the plans now delayed, she was bored in her spotless bedroom, wanting company.

Sure, watching YouTube videos of her favourite idols being crackheads was amusing, but she wanted to have fun with people. Go out, eat, take silly pictures and play games at nostalgic arcades — she needed social interactions.

As she scrolls through Netflix, looking for a series she hasn't watched, a ping from her phone signals a message. She checks it, smiling once she sees that it's from her boyfriend.

Joonie✨💗
Go to your window

Y/N's confused. What could be outside her window?

She gets off her comfy bed, walking over to the window and opening it. She looks down to see Namjoon waving and smiling at her while holding a plastic bag.

He brings his hands to his mouth to replicate the effect of a megaphone, shouting in a hushed manner, "I got you snacks!" Then, he holds the plastic bag up, pointing at it with his other hand.

She grins and mouths the grateful phrase, "thank you!" She blows a kiss his way, to which he dramatically catches it and pretends to faint.

Once Y/N stops giggling at that, she realises that he can't throw the bag up to her otherwise the contents would spill out. She isn't a very good catcher either. So she points to the front door, Namjoon understanding what she wants him to do.

He sets the bag down in front of the door, before going back to her window. He waves goodbye and jogs away. Y/N chuckles fondly before walking downstairs with various steps. She quietly opens the door, grabbing the plastic bag and closing the door gently so that her parents wouldn't hear.

"What have you got there sweetheart?" Her mum asks. She startles Y/N who turns to face her with a face full of shock.

"Uh... I got food delivered for me?" Y/N says, obviously making up a white lie on the spot.

Her mum just giggles, shaking her head, "right. Well, enjoy. Make sure your dad doesn't find out." She winks, making Y/N sigh mentally in relief. The two nod at each other before retreating to their respective rooms.

As Y/N closes her bedroom door, she thinks of Namjoon and can't help but smile to herself. She facepalms at how shy she's become when it comes to him.

She grabs her phone off her bed and goes to Namjoon's message again, ready to text him back.

You
Thank you so much
I love you 💞

She gets a sweet reply after a few seconds.

Joonie✨💗
I love you too 💞

The End ♥️