Baking Blunder - Kim Seokjin

"Oh, I could think of a few things..."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/12

Flour looked like it had been thrown across the kitchen countertops, staining the wooden floorboards as well.
Oh Y/N, you really screwed up.

Without any time for anxiety, she scrambled to get all the flour on the countertop into a bowl before sweeping the floor clean. She was low on the mishandled ingredient now, having to rethink her baking plans for the day.

"Okay... no chocolate cake... maybe cookies? There won't be a lot though..." She whispered under her breath as she paced around the kitchen with the broom in her hand, her hair dishevelled from her frantic movements.

Then, her eyes made her way to the clock and she shrieked involuntarily, only two hours until the bake sale? Seriously!?

At this point, her younger sister would rip her a new one, having planned to come home from drama rehearsals and pick up her sister's delicious chocolate cake. Of course, she had no idea Y/N had made such a huge blunder.

Picking up her phone, Y/N dialled who she prayed would be her one saving grace.
"Heya Y/N, how's the baking going—"

His question was interrupted by her loud rambling, an explanation of the events leading up to this call.
"— so please help me Seokjin?"

"Do you even need to ask? Get ready, your boyfriend is coming to the rescue with an easy but sure-to-impress recipe for you!"
Y/N smiled, feeling less pressure on her chest and shoulders now.

She put the phone on speaker and left it on the nearby dining table. The pair worked together to make bite-sized brownies, Seokjin delegating on call and Y/N carrying out instructions to the best of her ability. She had to admit, baking brownies wasn't her strong suit but she didn't have much choice.

She had made the mixture quicker than expected and without any more mistakes, so she poured them into a rectangular tray and put them into the oven.

By the time they'd finish rising and she'd cut them into squares, she wouldn't be in time for when the sale started but it wasn't like they all had to be there at the same time. Some parents would come later in the evening, her family could be one of them.

As she waited for the brownies to finish baking, the couple talked in a much more calm manner. Eventually, Y/N's sister and parents arrived home.

"Heya sis! You ready?" Asked the little sister, who was still bursting with energy despite her after school activities.

"Almost, do you mind if we're a little late?" Y/N replied, almost wincing in advance of her sister's possible disappointment.

Instead, she gave the elder a bright smile and nodded before running upwards whilst gleefully shouting, "power nap!" Y/N and her parents laughed at that.

She went to stop speaking with Seokjin, who just smugly stated told ya everything would be alright, before hanging up after an affectionate goodbye.

•••••••

Before she knew it, Y/N was leaving the school her little sister attended with an empty box of baked goods. Her brownies had been a success and people wished she had made more.

As the elated family walked to their car, Y/N heard her name being called from a distance. She snapped her head around at the strikingly familiar voice before her eyes lit up with the sight she was gifted. Seokjin had made his way to the school with an element of surprise on his side and it clearly worked.

Grateful with his help, Y/N ran up to him with a wide grin and landed a kiss on his lips. "I don't think I've ever gotten such a greeting as enthusiastic as this before." He whispered, a little surprised but pleased all the same.

"How else can I express my thanks?" She asked, cheeks now tinting pink at her spontaneous action. Seokjin raised his eyebrows at the question.

"Oh, I could think of a few things..."

Y/N gasped and hit his shoulder playfully, "not in front of my family." She said through gritted teeth and stifled giggles. Seokjin feigned hurt from that.

"After you just ran into my arms and kissed me in front of them? Jeez, talk about impressions." They both laughed, Y/N resting her forehead against his, completely content and at peace.

The End ♥️

💜💜💜 HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEOKJIN 💜💜💜
I swear it was yesterday when I did this exact thing last year. Time flies and you'll be serving your military service soon. I'm going to miss you a lot but somehow that doesn't make me feel as sad as it used to make me feel. Seeing what other idols are doing, I'm going to be happy knowing you're having fun XD I love you more as each day passes and I hope you're having an awesome day ✨💞

 Seeing what other idols are doing, I'm going to be happy knowing you're having fun XD I love you more as each day passes and I hope you're having an awesome day ✨💞