Ma'am - Min Yoongi

'Of all people, it's a cop making me late'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'I'm late I'm late I'm late I'm late-'

Yoongi repeats in his head, frantically driving upon the roads like a madman.
It was his nephew's birthday party and technically he was still on time.

But this traffic is going to screw him up for sure.
At least that's what he thinks.

So he's rapidly, albeit safely, going past every car as fast as possible.
Surely he knows he's over the speed limit?

So when blue and red lights, as well as sirens, goes off behind him, it shouldn't be surprising.
But Yoongi was not going to be late just because a damn cop decided to mess with him.

(His words, not mine).

He reluctantly parks on the nearby pavement, getting ready for the officer to give a ticket and fine.
Yet, when a female comes face to face with him, in a sour mood, he wasn't expecting a rude exchange.

"Sir, you're probably in a rush but that is no excuse to be running red lights."
The officer says, nastiness evident in her tone.

And honestly, Yoongi is already rushed but he tries to keep himself in check.
"Yes I understand, sorry I'll be more considerate."

He replies, almost monotonously, to which the female isn't amused.
"Can I get some more emotion? Sincerity?"

Yoongi doesn't let a massive exhale escape him, instead looking blankly at his steering wheel.
"That's just how I talk ma'am."

Yoongi can tell the cop isn't believing him as she shakes her head and writes down something, rips a piece of paper off and hands it to him.
"I'm serious, you're lucky I'm off duty in a bit so I can't reprimand you more."

This is when he lets out an exasperated sigh, further irritating the officer, "could you clear the way for me at least?"
She glares, to which he smirks at before muttering a goodbye and driving off.

'Of all people, it's a cop making me late.'

•••••••

Somehow, he makes it to the party hall at a reasonable timing, not tardy at all.
He sees his nephew playing with all his friends and gives him a large, wrapped box.

The young boy appears ecstatic, thanking Yoongi over and over again before he goes back to his friends.
Yoongi feels content and goes over to the adults to socialise.

His annoyance seemed to dissipate until he sees a familiar face walking in and greeting his sister-in-law.

The female police officer who pulled him over earlier.

She did say she was off duty...

So she must be a friend of his sister-in-law's.

How on earth did she get ready so quickly?

Unconsciously, he takes a few seconds to take in her appearance, casual but polished.
'Pretty to be honest.'

He averts his gaze and his attention somewhere else, talking to the people sitting near him.
When he feels the presence of someone sitting down next to him, he instinctively looks over.

He wish he didn't.

As, surprise surprise, said woman decided that sitting next to him was a good idea.
"So this is where you were speeding off to." She mutters to him, mouth in a pursed line.

"Not even a hello, officer?"
He fights back a smirk as she looks away in displeasure.

"How do you know the birthday boy?"
She asks, nodding her head over to where the kids are.

"I'm his uncle."
She faces him with slightly wide eyes.

"So you're the famous Yoongi, I've heard about you a few times."
He chuckles in response.

"I'm guessing you're friends with my sister-in-law?"
She nods, getting an untouched glass of water on the table to sip.

"She believes I should try dating you but I already have my answer."
Yoongi has to do a double take to make sure he's hearing correctly.

Blunt and unbothered, not what he was expecting at all.
"I'm offended, I don't break the law regularly ma'am."

She hisses don't call me that in a whisper, instead making Yoongi laugh.
"Apologies, payback for earlier."

"Payback?? I was doing my job mister 'emotionless'." She tsks.
"You're a liar too it seems."

Yoongi doesn't take it to heart, just smiling in disbelief and not continuing the conversation.
Neither of them talk, even when Yoongi's sister-in-law realises that they're together.

It's a goofy yet slightly hostile atmosphere between the two of them.
One that Yoongi enjoys rather immensely...

The End ♥️

Wanted to do the cop!au differently, so I reversed the roles! I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this lol but I hope you enjoyed reading <333