THAT Man - Kim Taehyung

"Now... I'm with a man who loves me no matter what"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember being in a relationship, three years ago, with a man I absolutely adored.

We were compatible... But only just.

He always seemed to bring me down now that I think about it, and I wish I'd seen it at the time.
Heartbreak wouldn't have felt that bad, or at least, it would've lessened.

That specific ex would get mad at the guys to hit on me when he wasn't around.
I'd tell him as a joke, yanno, about how stupid they sounded or acted.

He'd get mad.

Trying to get me to say their name, where it happened, why.
I wouldn't know exactly why! It's just how guys 'start a conversation', he did it himself!

Yet he would try and start fights, maybe to show everyone I was his and his alone.
Looking back on it now, I was probably just an object.

The pretty girl who had popular friends and great grades, going out with him.
I was so pathetic.

What hurt me the most is that... He would somehow blame me afterwards.
I glammed up for the attention, I dressed up 'scandalously' for guys to check me out, I made him jealous on purpose.

It ached because you'd think your significant other would have your back for most things.
He seemed to switch sides too often and it was painful, suffering in this suffocating trial.

Now... I'm with a man who loves me no matter what.

Now when I walk down the shops with my current partner, he just chuckles deeply.
He'll wrap his arm around my waist and kiss me in the forehead in front of people, showing I'm his and he's mine in the purest way possible.

He says, "well what can I say? You're beautiful babe"
My heart does a somersault inside my ribcage, before we get on with the rest of our day.

My mind is at ease with the relationship I've gained.
My lips whispering, I love you Taehyung and feeling blessed every second I spend with him now.

Ladies, wait for THAT man.

The End ♥️