Birthday Shopping - Kim Namjoon

She brightened up his days and that was something he cherished most about her
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/9

"C'mon Namjoon! This shop looks nice!"

A woman exclaimed, dragging Namjoon by his hand into a clothing store for men.
She was his girlfriend and wanted him to get more clothes for any outings he had (and, of course, for his upcoming birthday).

He had told her on numerous occasions that he had enough items tossed around in his wardrobe to last him a decade!
After all, he wouldn't be growing anymore at the age of twenty five– almost twenty six.

Nonetheless, there he was, standing hopelessly by his lover's side as she pulled shirts from racks and held it against his slender but muscular  body to check how it would look.
"You look so good in checkered shirts, too good really."

Namjoon laughed at her statement, playfully pushing her shoulder.
"So you're not going to buy me this because I look too good in it?"

"I never said that. Hold it."
She said, pushing the shirt towards his chest and letting go of the hanger so that Namjoon would scramble to catch it before it fell onto the shop floor.

He did not need to be eyed by the employees and other shoppers.
"Y/N, just don't go overboard. In fact, are you sure you want to pay for all of this? I brought my wallet."

Y/N shushed him instantly, her pointer finger against her tightly closed lips.
"I told you babe, consider this part of your birthday gift for me. You buy me stuff all the time so why can't I do the same?"

Namjoon sighed, nodding since she was, indeed, right.
So he followed her around like a child who was clinging to his mother as she shopped for the family.

He kept smiling as she would pick something out, but then decide against it, as if she had to find the perfect something despite Namjoon soon holding almost ten articles of clothing.
"Y/N, I'm pretty sure this is enough."

She only shook her head at him, before calling over an employee.
Namjoon stayed silent as she asked for other things: a silk shirt, a turtleneck and some other trousers.

Honestly, Namjoon was cool with getting the shorts he saw at the front of the store when they just came in.

The employee gave them a smile before leading the couple towards the back of the shop where more items were displayed.
Immediately, Y/N picked up more.

Namjoon glanced everywhere, this was a good shop for sure.
Eventually, his eyes settled on his girlfriend.

She looked adorable as she focussed on which colours looked best and checking if the sizes were correct.
It felt nice, experiencing this kind of care.

"Alright, I think we're done. I've always wanted to see what you'd look like in purple silk."
She said, wiggling her eyebrows to make Namjoon chuckle.

As they paid at the check-out desk, Namjoon tucked Y/N's fringe behind her ear before whispering thank you and kissing the side of her forehead.
She couldn't help but grin widely, pecking his cheek in response to the affection.

She brightened up his days and that was something he cherished most about her.
Little did he know, the day's 'errands' weren't finished.

She had much more planned for his birthday.

The End ♥️

💜💜💜 Happy Birthday Namjoon!!! 💜💜💜
From giving a speech at the UN to releasing your second mixtape and being a symbol of righteousness and love, no wonder we want you to be president! 😂 You're able to mock us and teach us so many things with that genius mind of yours, so never stop shocking people 💞✨💞

💜💜💜 Happy Birthday Namjoon!!! 💜💜💜From giving a speech at the UN to releasing your second mixtape and being a symbol of righteousness and love, no wonder we want you to be president! 😂 You're able to mock us and teach us so many things with ...

(A/N: I used his Korean age in this imagine therefore, he would be turning twenty six since this took place before his birthday).