Something's Wrong - Min Yoongi

"Has he been... crying?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoongles💜
Hey

You
Hi baby 💗
How's work going?

Yoongles💜
Fine
Could you come over?

You
Oh sure!
Anything up?

Yoongles💜
No
Just
Come quick please?

You
On my way 😘

That short text exchange had Y/N worried honestly, he wasn't one to give blunt answers like that.
Or to just suddenly ask his significant other to meet him at his workplace.

Nevertheless, Y/N quickly got her car keys and began driving to his studio, questions racing through her mind in midst of inconvenient traffic.
Perhaps it was nothing?

Eventually, she reached the building and parked the car in a swift manner, speed-walking towards the back entrance with her ID Card.
With a quick swipe, the door opened and she found Yoongi's studio with no problem.

"Heya babe! I'm here," she dragged her words as if they were notes, flashing her partner a bright smile.
He turned his head at her upbeat greeting, giving a small smile in return.

Something's definitely wrong.

He hadn't given a verbal reply, nor gotten up from his seat to squash her in a hug like he does usually.
His quiet composure greatly contrasted with Y/N's, who now notices how red his eyes are.

Has he been... crying?

"So... what did you need me for love? Want coffee? I'm craving fried chicken right now actually, you?"
Yoongi only hummed in response, eyes glued to his monitor.

Until he said at a quiet volume, "Why were you later than usual?"

By this point, Y/N is sitting on the nearby sofa, feeling some tension sticking in the air of this room.
"Traffic, it rained heavily earlier."

"Oh? I didn't notice..."
His voice devolved into a whisper, which further worried Y/N.

"Yoongi, look at me," she said sternly, the unexpected firmness surprising the rather hushed man who asked for her.
"Can you answer my first question please? Did something happen?"

Yoongi lowered his gaze to the floor, "I'm fine. I just wanted you here." The vague reply had Y/N even more confused.

"You're really not fine, Yoongi. Come here," her tone softened and she outstretched her arms to him.
Yoongi, albeit hesitant, stood up and slowly walked over, almost falling beside Y/N whilst he can't seem to face her.

"Babe... it's okay."
She said, unsure of what's made him act this way but trying to comfort him regardless.

She wrapped her arms around his sulking body, gently cuddling him.
Yoongi gave in to her reassuring touch, silent and calm in her embrace.

He finally spoke after a few minutes.

"I was just listening to one of my drafts, thinking of how to improve and I don't know... I just feel so bad. I don't know if I can deliver high quality music by this next deadline. I don't know if I can even meet the damn deadline. Bad doesn't cut it, I just can't feel optimistic anymore."

His voice was clear, clear with sadness.
He can't meet Y/N's eyes, which are filled with sympathy.

"Listen baby, you need to take a break and then, work with a fresh mind. You've been stuck here everyday now, only home for breakfast and to sleep. I know you're strong but everyone has limits. Please, take a break okay? The others will understand, they always do."

The seemingly frail man in her arms nodded at her words, sniffling as he sat up by himself.
It's moments like these where Yoongi cannot appreciate Y/N enough.

The End ♥️