Evasion And Discovery - Kim Taehyung

"By the way, and I know you didn't ask, but loving you is the second-best thing I've done in my life."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N had no idea she'd be doing this when she agreed to attend her friend's houseparty.

With dimly lit lampposts available to guide her, she swiftly sprinted hand-in-hand with her boyfriend. She began to falter, to which her lover stopped so that they could both get some air.

"Babe, don't worry, we'll be fine," he whispered reassuringly, unable to hide his shallow, rapid breathing. Y/N only nodded, panting alongside him whilst leaning upon the nearby brick wall.

Police sirens were in the distance, the faint glow of red and blue nearby. It signalled to the pair that they should be quiet, as they started skulking through the night. "Was the noise that loud that the neighbours had to call?" Taehyung muttered with disapproval, mostly to himself.

"It was probably a Karen," Y/N replied, making the two chuckle for only a bit before the eerie atmosphere surrounding them settled in. "Hey... no one will hurt us here, right?" she voiced one of her many concerns.

Taehyung looked at her and shook his head, giving her a small smile. "Considering the police are here, I doubt it." Despite not being entirely convinced, Y/N accepted his verdict.

Soon enough, the already indistinct sirens disappeared, prompting Taehyung to lead his girlfriend to a conveniently nearby park. It was dark, yes, but this place didn't have much crime to his knowledge, so he figured just a moment's rest here would suffice until he took her home.

The exhausted couple found a bench and sat on it, legs aching. They were fully sober from the alcohol they had earlier from the party, which wasn't much. "I wonder if the others got caught..." Taehyung pondered, but Y/N had more pressing questions to vocalise.

"Did... did we just evade the police?" she exclaimed, looking at Taehyung with wide eyes. "Is that not illegal?"

The male only laughed, waving his hand dismissively. "I mean, I guess yeah, but as long as they never find us again, it should be fine." Y/N glared at him, only making him laugh even more. Two college students running from a party crashed by police seemed stereotypical calm to him. "Besides, this is the third-best thing I've ever done in my life."

Y/N gaped at him and seriously questioned, "Running from the police is on your list of best things?" Rolling her eyes and looking away. "Tae, are you sure you didn't smoke anything?"

Taehyung chuckled, watching her slouch next to him, "I'm fine, trust me."

While resting her head on his shoulder, she mumbled, "Yeah, like I didn't trust you when we evaded the police." Things were quiet for a few seconds, with Taehyung's arm around her shoulders to keep her warm before she sat up again. "Am I overreacting?"

He shook his head. "I mean, you could say I overreacted by choosing to run away but scold me later please." Y/N scoffed at his answer but was unable to hide a smirk at the mischievous glint in his eyes. "By the way, and I know you didn't ask, but loving you is the second-best thing I've done in my life."

Y/N began grinning, her chest filling up with warmth. She felt much more relaxed now but had the urge to play around still. "Second? Wow, mate." She crossed her arms, frowning at him. "Enlighten me, what's the first?"

Taehyung's boxy grin appeared, expressing a playfulness along with sincerity as his hand stroked her head. After kissing her forehead, he looked into her eyes with the dearest adoration.

"Finding you."

The End ♥️