Injections - Kim Seokjin

"You're going to be alright. I'll be in the room with you. I know you can do it."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do I have tooooooo?
Y/N whined, being pulled by her boyfriend through the city.

"You've asked that so many times and the answer will always be yes."
Seokjin replied, tugging her into the local clinic.

They were going abroad together and to be safe, Seokjin arranged for a doctor's appointment.
Specifically, to get injections.

"Seokjin, it's not that cold in Tokyo right now. We don't need to get flu jabs."
Y/N whispered nervously to him as they waited in front of the clinic's counter.

Seokjin was about to respond to her, before the receptionist came.
He explained that they were here for flu jabs and they only had to wait a bit.

So the couple sit in the spacious waiting lobby, Y/N crossing her arms above her chest and shaking her right leg.
Seokjin's hand glided upon one of her arms and gently brought it down to her lap, his fingers entwining with hers.

"You're going to be alright. I'll be in the room with you. I know you can do it."
He whispered softly, his lips close to her ear.

He leaned his head backwards to look into her eyes, full of worry.
Y/N just put her head in his shoulder, nuzzling slightly deeper.

He kissed the top of her head fondly, resting his against her.
He smiled as he felt her grip on him tighten, moving his thumb to stroke her hand comfortingly.

In truth, he hated injections too, he hated needles.
But he knew that she was terrified, embarrassed of her fear as well, so he had to encourage her.

Her being there for him also warmed him, so he didn't mind as much as he thought he would.
Soon enough, the doctor called their last names and the pair walked into the doctor's room.

He talked for a bit, asking for information on where they're going and at what time.
Seokjin planned it well, they had three weeks until the flight and the flu shot would be working fine in that time.

"You might get ill after this but it'll ensure that you won't get sick on the actual trip."
Y/N nodded in response, feeling calmer than before.

Seokjin offered to go first, the doctor injecting him with ease (although Seokjin had clenched his fists and gritted his teeth immensely, it went better than expected).

Y/N gave him a bright smile and a thumbs up, before they switched seats.
Seokjin held onto her hand and the doctor carefully injected the flu jab, Y/N taking deep breathes.

"I'm sorry for the distress Miss, we're finished now."
Y/N bowed her head at the kind doctor and the two voiced their gratitude before exiting the clinic after some more advice.

The doctor warned that side effects may take place soon and that they may feel sore.
The soreness was already kicking in but the two agreed that they could sleep in the next morning if they got all their work done today.

The city was bustling as they came out and Y/N felt her stomach rumble.
"Could we get food? I'll pay, it's the least I can do after digging my fingernails into your hand."

Seokjin laughed, looking down at his palm which endured her pain.
"It's honestly nothing babe, and sure. Nachos?"

Y/N smiled, teeth shining as she nodded enthusiastically.
"Nachos."

The End ♥️