After An Argument - Jeon Jungkook

"Ah, so you are awake?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For HAZETTES ; happy birthday!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/7/19

Hazel slammed the door of the guest bedroom, anger evident and rage unable to defuse so easily. She felt like a time bomb, ticking away until detonation and flames would emerge. In the back of her mind, she hoped she hadn't exploded but her childish action may have made it look that way.

She and her husband, Jeongguk, had just finished a rather fiery discussion, jokes transforming into subtle digs at each other before evolving into a full-blown argument.

The Belgian sat on the rarely used bed, taking deep breaths as a way to calm down. She didn't know whether she wanted to scream in fury or cry in isolated silence.

She was angry. Angry at Jeongguk, his mocking words, his sarcastic and sly tone, the sassy facial expressions that would make anyone want to punch him.

Except, Hazel wasn't the aggressive type, nor was she ever a fan of fights; the unforeseen war of words left her crestfallen.

She also knew, deep down, it was partly her fault. She may not have pulled the trigger but she still fuelled the harmful fireworks. Her chest felt heavy and she couldn't tell if her hands were shaking. She had to sleep this off, before addressing the matter again with a rested head.

Thankful that she was barefaced, washed up and in her pyjamas already, she retreated under the covers. It certainly felt weird sleeping here, she thought. She closed her eyes tight, hoping to fall asleep soon instead of staying up and letting her thoughts hound her around like a rag doll.

After a few minutes, she felt calmer. Not calm, no not at all, but calmer. There was the gradual slowdown of her heartbeat and her eyelids became heavy. Then, she heard faint footsteps outside the room.

Could he be checking up on me? She thought, glad her back was facing the door as it opened. After the door closed, the footsteps got louder, leading to her. Hazel felt the duvet being lifted and a weight on the other side of the mattress.

A muscular arm slid its way around her waist, before trying to pull the petite female closer to a rigid body. Hazel became tense, unwilling to conform to Jeongguk's obvious skinship.

"Ah, so you are awake?"

His voice was clear and he seemed positive that she had not been asleep just yet, but there was that undertone of apprehension in his words. He knew he was treading on thin ice no matter what he uttered to her.

Hazel tried to shrug him off, holding the bed covers tighter. "Hazel, come on... I can't let you go to sleep when you're sad or angry. You're probably both now, to be honest..."

Hazel didn't want to submit but his words were true. It was painful for her, for anyone really, to sleep alone in such a distressed state.

What Jeongguk disliked, was how Hazel acted like the bigger person. She was the one who stopped yelling and silently left the battlefield. He didn't see it as surrendering but rather, she was the better person. The one who always has the most maturity in serious situations.

Not to mention the fact that he started it, he was already annoyed from something prior to their talk and he said one thing. Which led to another, and another, causing his frustration to rise and be taken out on his wife. He knew instantly after she left, he made a mistake.

Again, he tried to hug her from behind comfortably; perhaps he would sing. Perhaps he would begin apologising profusely right then and there. Except he didn't have any more words to say. So he muttered, I'm sorry and just rested his forehead on her shoulder.

A few minutes passed and Hazel still couldn't sleep, it was more difficult now that her husband was laying next to her, dejected. She slowly placed her hands on his, exhaling quietly.

She heard Jeongguk chuckle lightly behind her and said, "this doesn't mean I won't be cross in the morning by the way." With that, Jeongguk moved closer to her a tiny bit more, whining amusingly, just go to sleep.

Hazel giggled, grateful he couldn't see the small smile she had on her face at that moment. She felt him smile against her neck, letting his touch forever stay as she drifted off to sleep.

Maybe she could play super hard to get the next day.

The End ♥️

Happy birthday, ma fleur!! I know you're on a break right now, so I hope you like this when you're back!! I did a Yoongi imagine for your birthday last year, so I thought I'd give a go at Gguk this time! Your writing skills never fail to amaze me and I shall forever look up to you as a graphic designing queen. I love you Hazie, always here for you <333

 I love you Hazie, always here for you <333