Chapter Three

Georgina turns and smiles at me. "Wow! Who would have thought Liam's brother would be so hot? I mean, yeah, okay, Liam isn't bad, but wow, the difference." She is smiling far too much. I certainly have no chance. Not even in hell would I have a chance.

"He is. Good luck." I give in, just like that. I know that I won't win, and I won't fight for a guy either, and clearly, I am not ready. The fact is, I don't get why women fight over a guy. I don't understand how a guy can cheat, and instead of them being angry at the guy, the women fight over him. Like he is a perfect man. I, for one, won't fight to win a guy.

Grabbing our drinks, we walk back to Liam and Jackson. We walk to a table and sit. I start drinking. I feel so out of place here. Like I am in a place full of people who know each other, and I know no one. On the plus side, there is booze, so I will stay for a few hours then go home. No doubt Georgina and Liam will be here all night.

"Come dance" Georgina grabs me. Her hands are pulling me up. I so hate dancing. Standing with her, I dance. I feel out of place and watching as random guys crowd around us. I seriously don't like this, and I feel like I have no space to breathe. I feel unsafe, and like I want to run. 

The song finishes, so I make a run for it, sitting back down at the table. I see Liam and Jackson standing near the dance floor. I watch as Liam walks onto it before beginning to dance. Georgina is grabbing Jackson and pulling him onto to dance floor. Her body is all over his. Her hands are grabbing him and stroking along his body.

I do feel sorry for him, yet at the same time, I am laughing inside. I feel for any guy who agrees to dance with Georgina. She is no subtle. If she likes you and you're dancing with her, you will know and not be able to escape easily.

My hand reaches into my bag, taking out the phone. I look at it. It is nearly twelve. Time passes quickly when you want to go home, apparently, but at least I can leave soon. I look around me, considering it. I will give it another hour. I need to be at work tomorrow so I can't stay too late. I need my job too much to call in sick. 

Watching them dance, I see Jackson make a slip and escape Georgina. I watch as she briefly looks for him, but she quickly quits. I sit wondering where he has gone. Georgina is starting to dance with another guy. I admire her confidence and the ability to make it known she likes someone. 

"Hey." Crap! Jumping, I turn, and there he is, standing behind me. He walks around and sits near me, covered in sweat.

"I see Georgina is testing your dance skills." Laughing at him, I shake my head. He looks worn out. It doesn't look like he has met someone like Georgina' before who clutches on for life.

"That was her testing my dance skills? I would hate to see her trying it on with a guy." He laughs, sitting back, his eyes glancing towards where she is dancing. "She is feisty, isn't she?" 

I smile at him. That's all she is. His head begins shaking as he watches her dancing with another guy. "Yes, that is Georgina for you. You didn't seem to be doing too bad with your dancing, let's be honest." 

He looks at me like I have lost my mind while laughing. "I was hoping I would fall over or pass out. Anything really just to escape her. She really isn't easy to slip away from, is she?" 

I laugh, shaking my head. I have to agree; she isn't at all. That said, though, she is impressive, and he is lucky. "When she finds someone or something she likes. She doesn't tend to let go or let it slip between her fingers. So you should be glad. The way she danced with you, that was her showing just how interested she is." He looks at me, shocked, then back to where Georgina is.

I watch as he shakes his head. "Not my type, not at all. Anyway, enough of her. it is your birthday; Liam was saying you're studying business and accounting?" He is looking at me like he is interested in what I have to say. How is that even possible when he can easily have Georgina? I won't be ignorant; however, he is being polite.