Book Three Chapter Sixty-Two

"Most people are gone, I didn't see him when I came in, the police are on their way as well"

 He was still holding Jake by the throat, clearly not tight enough to hurt him, Jake didn't even seem to fight him off, it was like he has admitted he can't escape this time. 

"You need to find Jackson, I don't want you out the room without me though, does this door have a key?"

I begin nodding, 

"Yes but you possibly just broke the lock" A crowd had gathered outside, Georgina and Liam coming through, Georgina running straight to me.

"What the hell has happened now?" She looked at Jake, I just shook my head, he is not worth it.

"Have you seen Jackson?" I looked at her and Liam. 

"Yeah, he went outside to check out car before we set off, there was something wrong with it, he's fixing it" Well that explains it, Georgina turned looking at Liam.

"Seriously, Liam go get Jackson" 

he left, a few people moved out the way, I have no idea what to say, this is not the best look in the world, it is mean to be a safe place for women to come after experiencing this, and this happens at the launch. 

Jackson comes through the crowd, seeing me and everything happening.

"Please can everyone go back to the lobby, we have everything dealt with" 

Everyone looked around and walked away. His body lunged for Jake, Marcus getting in the way, trying to hold Jake there and stop Jackson from hurting him, his arm pushing him back.

"Fuck off Jackson, if you make me release him and he runs it's on your head" 

Marcus pushed him back, his eyes looking towards me. Jackson stopped realising it was useless, he walked to me wrapping his arms around me, 

"Sorry Alena, I didn't even think, honestly, I am a bloody idiot, I swear I will kill him"

"Don't bother, seriously, the police are coming at least now we know it was him, trying to hurt us, with the cars and everything" Jake tried shaking his head.

"Not me" 

His words were useless, he mentioned the girls, asked how Marcus was, how he saw me more then I knew, a lot of what he said made sense that it was him.

"Georgina, can you apologise to the guests please, just explain he was not invited, but from tomorrow there will be security here to protect anyone who uses the services" 

She nodded walking off, just as the police came towards us, grabbing Jake, handcuffing him, the women came to me. 

"I need to take a statement, anyone who was involved, witnessed anything, I need you to stay here so I can take a statement. 

Sitting there, just me and her I explained what happened, explained I tried to get out but couldn't, that when he tried kissing me I bit his lip, and the bloody nose was from my head, after 20 minutes of asking me questions she was satisfied. 

she spoke to Marcus next as he was the one who I called, she looked at the call log, and took a note of the time, then she spoke to the guests, and Georgina and Liam. 

Looking around, I am shocked it was Jake, I never thought he would actually try hurt me be tampering with the cars, apparently, I was wrong, you never know who to trust.

Sitting in the office, Jackson came in, looking hurt.

"Sorry, Alena, I should have thought, I just checked their car because they were leaving, it seems Marcus is the one that saves you when it should be me" 

He was blaming himself, just like last time.

"Don't be stupid, I should have not came in here knowing he was here, I should have stayed where there was people, but it is a good thing, we now know it was him, he's been arrested, so we can now relax and breath" 

That was the best thing to come out of this, keeping him talking for long, he said things that made sense, that made him be the link to the cars, the fire alarms, everything, while fact I can still feel him on me, I am glad because now I know the girls will be safe.

"If last time, I had let Marcus go after him, this could have all been avoided, I was stupid for saying leave him, for not contacting the police because I didn't want my dad falling out with Jake's family" 

His arms wrapped around me, my head leaning on him.

"I still feel bad, Marcus seems to be your hero, while I am always too busy to realise, I should have made sure you were okay, how did Marcus know anyway?" He looked at me confused.

"I hit the call button twice, it calls the last person, he obviously heard that I was in here with Max, I assumed you would try call you, then I realised your coat is over there, and your phone is probably in it, so he obviously came here instead, he looked for you but couldn't see you"

"Yeah, another mistake on my part, that phone is staying in my pocket all the time, honestly, I am not risking this happening again, what was Jake saying?" 

Looking up at him, I thought back to it.

"He was looking at the picture of the girls, saying how the girls are pretty, how I have everything I need, and he sees me more then I know, just small things that connected and made sense, he spoke to Max as well" He shifted, his body tensed up.

"Well, he won't be getting anywhere near you from now on, I meant it, I am going to have security here, let's get home" 

Standing up we walked out the office, the police and guests gone, Georgina, Liam and Marcus sat at the bar.

"We checked everything, it's all locked up, empty no here" Marcus stated as we reached them.

"Thank you, Marcus, for saving her again, when I was too busy to realise" Jackson reached out his hand, Marcus shook it.

"You know, I would be the same for any damsel in distress, and Alena sure is one, except she actually broke his nose, which I think is bloody amazing"

"My head does come in use" I laughed although it hurts more than before.

"We are going home, I think she needs sleep after tonight" Jackson pointed out.

"I will lock up and follow you, I checked the cars again all safe, and now Jake is gone I doubt we will have any other issues" Marcus stood up, grabbing his things.

"Yeah, we will go as well, see you tomorrow Alena" Georgina hugged me, her and Liam leaving. We followed behind, Marcus behind us, locking up, all in our cars we set off, driving back the same way. 

Closing my eyes, I tried to relax, it was all over now, Jake was locked up and hopefully wouldn't be getting out. 

"Fiveminutes and we are home" Jacksons voice quiet, feeling myself drift into sleep,d