Book Three Chapter Fifty-Nine

The loud siren had me awake, jumping out of bed, Jackson grabbing me.

"Get the girls go in the safe room" 

I grabbed the girls running to the safe room, passing Marcus along the way, shutting the door I was relieved that the noise didn't go off in here. 

It was the fire alarms yet looking at the monitors there was no smoke anywhere in the house, I was grateful Jackson had thought to put two cribs in here, the girls went back to sleep quickly, I sat watching Jackson and Marcus check around the house, but there was no fire, no smoke, turning the switch on so I could hear sound, the fire alarms were still going off. 

Turning it was low as possible, I left the sound on, so I would know when it stopped.

I watched Jackson turn it off after checking there was no fire, turning up the volume I listened to them talking while re-checking.

"Look, here, it looks like it was being melted" Marcus pointed to one of the Alarms.

"How did they get in though?" He looked around unsure.

"My fault, I said I would come down and turn the system on, I forgot, they could have got in anyway and the alarm wouldn't have gone off" 

He was beating himself up, it was an easy mistake. 

They went searching doors and windows, the back door was unlocked, so likely they used that, I didn't move, waiting for him to tell me it was safe to come out, they went through the house checking again everywhere in case they missed anyone.

"All clear up here" Jackson called down to Marcus.

"Same down here" Marcus called back to him, opening the door I walked out, Jackson waiting for me, so someone has got in the house, this was truthfully starting to freak me out now.

"Go back to bed kitten, you have to be up in a couple of hours, I will get the girls settled" 

I walked back to the bedroom, my eyes wide open, unwilling to close, the sound of the fire alarm still loud in my ears although it has gone. 

How am I going to sleep now knowing someone was in the house, so close to us and the girls, getting out of bed, I walked to their room, my plan is to sleep in here just, so I know they are safe. 

Walking in Jackson was laid on the small sofa, clearly thinking the same as me, he was awake, his eyes closed, but awake, I was beginning to learn when he was awake or asleep. 

"I am in here kitten, don't worry go get some sleep, Marcus is sleeping downstairs as well"

Walking out I went back to bed, laying there no matter how tired I got my eyes just would not close, they were stuck open in fear, finally they closed, just as light began to come through the window, waking up everything was still quiet. 

I was glad there were no alarms waking me, it meant we got through the night without another break in, showered and dressed I walk downstairs, just like most mornings Jackson sat with the girls, Marcus sat in the living room.

"Ready for the launch?" His voice soft and soothing I smiled, feeling giddy.

"Hell yes, today was going to be amazing, plus I find out when I can have private one to one's" My hands clapped like my inner child burst out of me.

"One to one's, really?" His eyebrows raised up.

"Yes, the pole dancing ones, I may take the lap dance ones as well actually"

"Well, I look forward to seeing the results" 

He winked at me, I want to stay and play longer, but I have to make sure everything is being set up for tonight. 

Each of the rooms will be used tonight, but by professionals, there will be three pole dancers, two lap dancers, and exercise coaches. 

The whole point is to make it a fun night, and let people see what the courses will be like, just without the men of course, however men are allowed tonight because some will want to check it out for their partners.

Spending an hour with the girls, Jackson checked the locks and seals everywhere in the house, Marcus checked over my new car we had to buy me.

"Right, babysitter will be here later, I will meet you there kitten, call me if you need me, are you sure you don't want Marcus to come with you?" 

I shook my head, there was going to be plenty of people there, and I would not be driving home until late that night anyway and when I do Jackson will be with me.

"It is fine honestly, I will be there quick and there will be a lot of people, just make sure the house is safe for the babysitter" 

Kissing him goodbye I left, driving there feels weird, this car feels weird, I have not been in a car alone since the accident, I have not been alone out the house or in it since the accident. It is nice to have some space, some free time to myself. 

Pulling up, there was cars and vans everywhere, walking in they were getting everything set up, it was a relief to see so much already done, we have just under three hours till the launch begins.

"Hi Alena, so I was thinking tonight, I know we are doing the pole dancing, but would it be fun, to let others try? Men included, obviously not in underwear, just spinning around trying simple things, to get them encouraged to book?" 

Sammy-Jo had already thought of a lot of ideas and this was yet another one.

"I see no issues with that, if someone wants to have a play around then yes let them. Are all the others in their rooms getting set up?" I looked around unable to see the other women.

"Yes, keeping out of the way of the event staff, we didn't want to be lolling around where they need the space"

"That is a good idea, I will go check the rooms and make sure everything looks good" 

I walked around, saying hi to the girls and the other ladies they invited tonight to show what sort of things will be taught. 

There were only a few small issues, nothing big but nearly three hours later, I finally sat down for five minutes, my feet hurting, but the place looked amazing.

Jackson and Marcus walked in, Jackson looking impressed, Marcus looking for the bar. Georgina and Liam came in after them.

"It looks amazing Alena" Georgina hugged me.

"Where are the pole dancing class rooms?" 

Laughing I point towards them, she walked off to take a look, Liam met Jackson and Marcus at the bar, I was grateful Jackson didn't come straight over, I need a bit of time to myself, to prepare and be ready mentally. Been completely honest with myself, I was scared, scared I will mess up and scared I will fail.