Book Three Chapter Twenty-Two

"I wondered where you were" I jumped at the sound of Jake's voice, turning to see him, realisation hit that I was that engulfed in the room I had not heard him come in.

I stood frozen, feeling weird being in this room with him, I watched, his body slowly moving towards me. He stopped in front of me. 

"Maybe I should have fought harder and came back to get you from Max, then maybe it could be me enjoying this with you and not Jackson" 

My mind laughed, what is with men seriously no one wanted to save me from Max now for some reason everyone wants me?

"Jake, you're a friend a very good friend that is all. No one would have got me away from Max only me. You had a girlfriend, you were never here so it wouldn't have worked. I see you as a friend nothing more" 

I hope he listens, I don't want today ending on a bad note, and right now it was going to. He pushed against me, my back against the metal wall, I didn't want to lose him as a friend, I couldn't I had known him since I was in school.

"Jake, please I don't want to lose our friendship over this" I was willing to, willing to tell him never to come back if he didn't move and soon.

"We won't, no one even needs to know, everyone is downstairs Alena and you can't say you have not thought about it, because I know you have, you have thought about us two" 

What is he saying, that I should cheat on Jackson? Has he totally lost his mind? This isn't the Jake I know. 

"Not happening, seriously" I need to get out of here, I look and try to go around him, but he just puts his arm in the way blocking me. I raise my eyes to look into his, showing him, I am not happy hopefully he moves, standing here staring at him, he doesn't seem to care, he is still smiling, where is the cute, kind Jake I grew up with, the one who helped me in school when bullies were hurtful?

"Alena, you know he won't care. He won't know so why keep saying no when you can have me right now" 

I watched as his head moved closer to mine, please make this be a joke, a set up anything but the truth.

His lips finally reached mine, I can just feel them on mine, I begin to turn my head so his lips are on my cheek, and start to push him off, my arms pushing him, screams escaping my mouth, this is not what I want!

He didn't listen, his hands gripped mine and pinned them above my head, my legs started kicking out, useless I was powerless against his grip. 

His body flew back, I was dragged to the floor by his grip, unable to see what happened.

His hands no longer around my arms, my eyes dart around the room searching. 

Marcus is there, his hand around Jake's neck, while Jake is big he is nothing compared to Marcus. I feel frozen, unable to move, thoughts running through my head, had Marcus not walked in would he have raped me? Was Jake really capable of that? The Jake I loved, and knew all my life, would he be so cruel?

Words began to come out Marcus's mouth, like venom as he shouted at Jake, poison running through them attacking him he didn't need to physically attack him, you could see the poisonous words wounding Jake. 

Why was Marcus so protective over me, did he really like me that much? Marcus released his grip and Jake ran off. I stayed at on the floor, unsure what to do or say, had I really just lost someone I had known my whole life, had I even known him? 

The Jake I thought I knew wouldn't have done that to me, the Jake I knew, would have been there to pick me up after this sort of thing, not to be the one creates it, yet he doesn't seem to be that Jake anymore.

Marcus started moving towards me, kneeling in front of me looking at me like a porcelain doll that would crumble at any second, and I felt like one. 

This felt weird, I had not seen Marcus since that night with Jackson, no words would work, nothing, what am I meant to say?

"Are you okay Alena? Did he hurt you?" I thought about it, and couldn't say he had I shook my head, still unable to move or talk, I had no control over my mind it was in control right now.

"What the hell happened?" I heard the voice, the one that snapped me out of this mess I was in, I stumbled to my feet, wiping my eyes and smiling, glancing at Jackson.

"Nothing, I am fine" I lied, walking around Marcus as I reached Jackson I kissed him lightly on the cheek and walked past him. 

"I need to get back to my party" I didn't want tonight to be ruined, and I hoped Marcus wouldn't say anything, as weird as the situation looked I hope he would lie, I don't want Jackson disappearing for the night trying to hunt down Jake.

He didn't stop me, he didn't say anything, he stared at Marcus like he was ready to hit him, I walked off knowing Marcus is strong enough to defend himself they were best friends, nothing would destroy them, walking downstairs, it felt unreal, like it was a dream, how could today have gone so bad, so awful, how could Jake do that to me?

I started talking to guests, trying to forget what happened, then I guess I need to talk to my dad, I couldn't hide from it anymore. 

I began walking to him, he smiled like he always did, he didn't seem to be judging me or thinking of me as a bad person. I was relieved, standing here talking to him it felt good, the fact he knows and now I don't have to hide anything from him anymore. 

Jackson walked down the stairs, or rather stormed, Marcus behind him trying to catch up, I turned in the hopes to reach him, but it was useless, by the time I got to the door Jackson was in the car driving off, Marcus in his car right behind him.

So, whatever Marcus said wasn't good, clearly, he knew about Jake and for some reason I was worried for him, seriously worried I still loved Jake as he is my best friend, I couldn't forgive him for this but I certainly didn't want to see him hurt, and seeing Jackson then, he was set to hurt someone, to destroy someone, that someone been Jake, looking at my dad I can only think of the stress he will get from this, he is best friends with Jakes parents, has been for over forty years.

It started getting late, all the guests leaving, the workers left, and it was just me, Georgina and Liam. 

"We are going to go, are you sure you're okay here alone?" I looked at Georgina, my head nodding, and I watched as the last people walked out the door leaving me alone. Now what?

Jackson was not answering, I didn't even know if he was coming back here, was he angry with me?

I sat at the bar, waiting for him, the drinks numbing the feelings, the thoughts everything, not realising how much I was drinking. 

I felt tired, worn out I had been sat here for hours now, I feel sick the booze making itself known in my stomach. Lowering my head, I rested it on my arm, eyes closing slowly as I swept into a dream. 

It made no sense, chaos everywhere, a gun, people screaming, I can't even escape in my dreams!

i