Book Three Chapter Forty-Five

"Okay, let me get out and dressed" After getting dressed, walking downstairs he was waiting for me, Georgina sat waiting clearly here to watch the girls.

"Let me know how you get on please" 

Georgina's smile soft and soothing, she looked at me like I was a fool for not going sooner. 

Driving we stayed silent, getting to the hospital was the worst part, sat for hours waiting, I just want to go home, this is time in my life, time I won't get back and more than likely it will lead to nothing, just me been told everything is okay and to go home. 

The nurse finally called my name, sitting in the room waiting for the doctor to start I feel stupid, like I am wasting their time. 

"So, I hear you were in a car accident? I need to ask some questions about the crash first if that is possible?" I nod, waiting for his questions.

"Okay, were you wearing a seatbelt?"

"Yes" I nod, I was not that stupid, and to me a pointless question it won't change the damage caused knowing if I did or not.

"Good, did the air bag go off okay?"

"Yes" These questions really are stupid in my eyes, a waste of time.

"What happened? Did the car slide? Flip, if it flipped how many times?" 

I can't remember that, I know it slid and then flipped, that is all I can remember.

"I will call Marcus, he watched it happen"

Jackson's words made my heart sink, poor Marcus, I had no idea he had seen the whole crash.

Putting him on speaking phone, he explained how the car skidded, span around and then flipped, rolling down the hill around three times. 

The doctor looking at me amazed.

"Did you pass out at all?" I turn to look at Jackson, and for some reason lie.

"No, I was awake the whole time" I smile hoping he takes it as the truth.

"Sorry Alena, yes she did, when I got to the car she was unresponsive, not breathing, I was pumping her chest and trying to get her to breath, luckily she did after around a minute"

 Crap, I forgot Marcus was still on the phone in case he needed to answer anything else, Jackson didn't look pleased, not at all.

"Can you not remember that Alena?" 

The doctor looks at me, I guess I should just tell the truth, I am fine now that is all that matters, and well trying to lie would just make me look bad.

"Not exactly, I remember passing out, well everything going black, then it was bright, but I wasn't in the car, I was somehow floating above it, looking down at my body for a about 30 seconds" The doctors gasp.

"Alena, that is not a good thing, you need a CT scan for sure" 

The doctor clearly was not just going to send me home. 

Jackson looked at me like he had a million questions. 

"What the fuck Alena, you should have said at the crash" Marcus's response told me I was in trouble with him. 

"I am fine though, sore yes, obviously, but other than that I am totally fine" My words falling on deaf ears.

"Right, we will get a CT scan done, x-rays for broke bones, internal bleeding to rule out anything serious" The doctor sat filling in forms, handing me then and directing us to the warns for the scans.

There was no wait which a good thing was, after having the scans we went straight back to the same doctor, sat waiting while he looked through the images, I felt like everything would be fine, people come out of car accidents worse, I walked away.

"Let's start with the CT scan, there is signs of swelling on the brain, it seems to be going down though, you're lucky, the swelling is still big, it was clearly bigger when you crashed, how you managed to walk away is amazing" 

"X-rays show that you have broken ribs, and a punctured lung, a lot of internal bruising, I want to suck the addition air our around the lung, to do this it involves a needle, but if left it can get worse"

"The ribs will heal in one to two months, I want you back in a few days' time to check the swelling is still going down as well. Your heart stopped, hence you had woken up not in your body, that in itself can have some side effects. You are lucky someone was close by, had they not been you wouldn't be sat here now" 

His words made me realise even more how close I was to dying yet I still felt like rolling my eyes, looking at Jackson though he was not happy at all, so my best option is to keep quiet and admit I could have killed myself again by not going to the hospital.

"Your very lucky Alena, I read your file while you were out of the room, this is not the first time you have survived death, this is the fourth time, yes the other three times were near death experiences, should something happen again, there is no guarantee you would wake up"

Jackson looked at him confused,

"When else was she lucky?"

"Am I okay to discuss these times with your husband?" 

The doctor looked at me for confirmation, he may as well, let's be honest if I say no he will find a way anyway, it would take time, but he would find a way.

"Yes, it is totally fine" The doctor nodded, turning to the screen pulling up my file and going through it.

"There was an incident where she was starved, beaten. The reports had no idea how she was still alive, her body should have given up long before her arriving at the hospital"

Jackson nodded. 

"When she was kidnapped"

"Yes, well before that she was stabbed, trauma to her head, the force made the swelling really bad, the knife scratched her kidney and narrowly missed it, how the swelling went down without us having to remove a part of the skull, the team have no idea"

Jacksons face dropped, like he felt guilty, my hand grasping his.

"I remember that, what was the other time?" He looked at me, then at the doctor.

"I don't even know, so don't look at me waiting for answer, this is new to me as well" I had been in hospital before caused by the hands of Max, but nothing to serious. 

"Well, this I am not sure if you know Alena, if not, I suggest you reach out to someone in the family to get all the information. When you were around two, you somehow were poisoned, it does not say what substance, but you were in the hospital for a while, your body rejected food, water, nutrients everything" 

Surely that was wrong? No one has ever mentioned anything to me about that, Jackson looked at me like I had known, yet I had no idea, it was as much of a shock to me as anyone else.

"We need to remove the excess air, then you can go home, I will give you painkillers as well to help ease the pain" 

Nodding I moved to the bed, watching as he pushed the needle through my skin, the syringe pulling out what looked like nothing, but clearly was air, it hurt, a lot, the needle was not tiny, it was big, but I felt like I can breath again now, before it hurt to breath. 

Finishing, we drove home quiet, I was worn out and just wanted sleep, I need sleep, my body is exhausted, and all that information has thrown me. Walking in Georgina looked at me for information I shook my head walking upstairs.

"I will explain" I heard the start of Jackson's sentence as I disappeared upstairs to be confronted by Marcus, can I not get a break at all? Seriously I just want sleep. 

"I don't even know what to say to you, I was planning on saying a lot, honestly right now though, I just can't, go to bed Alena" 

He began walking down the stairs, now I feel like shit, was everyone angry with me? Why does Marcus care so much? 

To the point he actually wants to say something to me? Climbing into bed I was asleep far too quick, my body and mind just needing to escape.