Book Two Chapter Sixty-One

"Ready?" He asks, looking at me. I look around, we are leaving paradise early, all because of Max. Our honeymoon spoilt, I don't want to leave, we spent money on this, and have two days left. Yet we are ready to walk away and let it go to waste because of Max.

"We have to leave, we have no idea what he has planned" 

He is right and using his head. The boat is booked already so we wait for it to arrive, asking to go back to the mainland so we could go to the airport. 

Getting on the plane, I wonder if he is on it. I wonder if he was sat listening to us talking or if he stayed away so we didn't catch him? I can't settle, my mind keeps telling me about Max what he could be doing, if I laugh, he flashes in my mind and I can see him watching me.

"I have something to tell you" I turn and face Jackson getting ready to be honest.

"What?" He looks at me curiously.

"I lied" His face froze, and he looks like he is wondering what I had lied about.

"What have you lied about Alena, is it to do with Max?" I nod and got ready to tell him.

"Don't hate me, I didn't do it freely I felt like I had no choice" I feel the tears in my eyes as he looks at me more worried than before, he sits patiently waiting for me to explain.

"I told him I still loved him, I told him I didn't mean to get him locked up and that I was scared of commitment"

"I told him if he let me go we could have been together, we could have had our own children, I told him I hated you and you never pleased me" 

I feel like I have to tell him the truth, I said a lot those three months; some of it I can't remember some I can. I feel like I have cheated, and if Max is that close to us, there is nothing stopping him from telling Jackson I feel like he will hate me.

"I said you was just someone there to help me get through losing him, that you and the girls meant nothing to me if he isn't in my life" I honestly must sound awful, he doesn't reply he just stares at me. He is obviously angry, and I don't blame him.

"What was a lie? What you have been telling me since we met or what you told him Alena?" He looks like he has been hurt.

"No, I do love you, I love you and the twins you mean everything to me" Tears falling from my eyes, I look out the window as we fly across the ocean.

"So, explain what was lies, as you didn't tell me what was lies"

"Everything I told him, I said it all, hoping he would let me go. I assumed if he thought I hated you and my life and all I wanted was him he would let me go"

"Not fully but to move to a house at least where at some point I could escape and not be tied up"

"I know you will hate me, I said awful things about you. I know he will tell you everything so thought I should tell you first because I didn't mean anything I said to him" His arms around me.

"Don't be so daft, I love you. I wouldn't hate you for saying you would kill me if it would have gotten you free!"

"Alena, if you're ever in that position again, I don't care if it comes down to me and you. Do what you need to do to save yourself!" I look at him confused.

"I mean it Alena, he seems like the sort of person, to hand you a gun and tell you to shoot me or he shoots you. Don't even think about it just shoot" I stare at him, is he being serious? Clearly, he is, there is no way I would ever shoot him ever.