Book Two Chapter Forty-Three

Jackson runs to my side pushing Liam out of the way, he looks a mess, his clothes ripped, dirty, his hair long, he looks thin, and unshaved, like he had not bathed since he had left or eaten. 

He is crying, squeezing my hand as I push our babies into the world screaming, Georgina just stood there in shock wondering what has happened.

"Jackson, go home get cleaned up and come back" Georgina speaks looking at him.

"They won't even let you touch the babies in that state" 

I am too tired to agree, both babies are born, both fine and taken to be checked over. I am too exhausted to even ask if he is okay. 

I pass out and then when I woke up, he is sitting next to me looking clean, yet thin, his body no longer how I remember, I feel angry, I want to shout at him, scream and hit him. 

Staring at him, he holds the girls in his arms, tears falling from his eyes.

"Jackson" I just stare, unable to think if this is real or not, is it really him?

"I am sorry Alena, I messed everything up and now I have lost you" 

He doesn't look up to me, his eyes staying on our daughters, how could he do this to me then? He walked away and has been gone months without any word.

"Where were you, we were told you were dead" I scream, I would be up and hitting him if I was able to move. His eyes met mine.

"I jumped into the river, seeing the barrels going to explode. I swam down a bit, I was walking back up and Max was there. He started fighting with me again, he took my bag everything. I had nothing to link me to this country or why I was there" 

He looks at me and continues.

"Because he was fighting me the police showed, he ran off. I, unfortunately, got arrested, no way to prove why I was there I couldn't get out, it took months for someone to contact the prison with my picture to see if I was there" 

I stare at him in shock, I had felt like he wasn't gone but everyone kept saying he was. Why would they send a picture months later did they suspect he was alive and just let us think he was dead?

"You and Liam look happy together" His words hurt, I look at him.

"What did you expect me to do? Sit and wait just in case you were alive and came home?"

Tears falling from my eyes, it still feels so unreal.

"I don't blame you, he was there when I should have been. He supported you through all the pregnancy, I have seen the baby's room, he did all that. I did nothing, so I don't blame you" 

He looks at me like he had lost me. I reached out my hand, my wedding ring still on my finger.

"You broke me, and for a change you were not there to fix me, you left me broken, but you never lost me, no matter who I was with if you came back, I wouldn't be in their arms" 

I look at him waiting for him to move to me, but he didn't.

"Jackson let's not throw everything away, please. I thought you were dead, everyone thought you were dead, we even had a funeral! It broke my heart saying goodbye to you. I tried fighting and everyone kept telling me you were gone and to move on, everything I tried they shot me down, saying you was gone and accept it" 

I cry my hand still stretched out. He gets up, walking to me, placing our daughters on me, and kissing my lips. I instantly felt pulled to him just like all the other times, I couldn't resist him I couldn't say no to him. He moves back.

"So what did you two decide for names?" He looks at me waiting.

"I, not us, I decided Katie, I am still stuck on just one name for them both" I admit.

"How about Isabella?" He asks, looking at them. "She is certainly Katie, and I think Isabella suits her so well" He bent down to kiss them on the foreheads, he is killing me even more how is that even possible?

"Isabella sounds perfect" I reply, the door opening, and Georgina and Liam walking in. Liam looks hurt, I feel hurt how could I have even tried starting a relationship with him? I just hurt him for nothing at all. 

Acting normal, they both came over cooing over the twins, cuddling them and talking. Jackson looking at me.

"Can you give us two minutes?" 

I ask, feeling like I needed to say something to Liam, he nods and turns to Georgina. 

"Georgina, come with me to grab some drinks" Georgina agrees, handing Katie back to me before following him out. 

I look at Liam and feel awful, this could have been me if Caroline had come back like a normal person.

"I am sorry Liam, I didn't mean to hurt you, you must really hate me"

"Shh Alena, I don't hate you. A part of me always knew you loved Jackson and no matter who came along or how long he was gone for you would go back to Jackson if he came back"

"Even thinking he was dead, I still told myself I could lose you any minute if he walked through that door. Well, he has, it isn't your fault" 

He walks to me, kissing my head and handing Isabella back to me.

"You both look great together, this wasn't intentional so don't worry, I will get through this fine"

 He smiles, I watch as he walks out, it broke my heart, a piece of me did love Liam, not enough and nowhere near how much I love Jackson, but I still love him. 

Jackson came back in, sitting next to the bed, holding our daughters, refusing to leave. After four days in the hospital, I was well enough to go home.