Book Four Chapter Nineteen

"I feel sick" Getting up, I run upstairs, straight into the bathroom. Leaning over the toilet I start being sick, well at least this way it might get it out my system quicker.

Finishing being sick, I sit next to the toilet, the door opening and Marcus walking in. Moving in front of me, he kneels in front of me, his hands lifting my head to look at him.

"How do you feel now? I put the girls in their cots" Looking at him, he is all blurry, I can't even make out his face.

"I can't see, everything is blurry" 

Rubbing my eyes, I look back up at him, my body freezing, it isn't real, why am I seeing Max in front of me? No, it's Marcus, covering my eyes I try to shake the image from my head.

"Right, you need to sleep. Alena can you hear me, anything else wrong Alena?" 

Looking up, I still see Max, putting my head down I try to hide from it. The feel of Marcus's hand rubbing against my arm trying to sooth me. 

Looking up I pray when I open my eyes I see Marcus, slowly opening them, there is his face the glare of anger on it.

"It's not Max" Hiding my head, I try get rid of the image, but it isn't working not at all, why was I so stupid. 

"No, I am not Max Alena, come on you need to get in bed" The feel of his hand pulling me up, standing up, I lean my head against him, keeping my eyes closed I walk to the bed. 

Slowly the vision of Max forming in my mind, this is wrong, I can't open my eyes without seeing him and now I can't close them either. 

Lying down, I try to close off my mind, yet all it does is make the vision clearer.

"You need to get home now" The sound of Marcus's voice making me remember I am safe, and everything in my mind is not real.

"She's bad Jackson, it's a good job you've already set off, see you soon" 

The room falling quiet the visions of Max even worse, opening my eyes I look around and it is worse. Why would I be so stupid to take tablets without checking the dosage and side effects first?

"Alena, it's Marcus don't freak out" The feel of him getting on the bed, his arm wrapping around me, trying to comfort me, my body shaking and cold. Yet I am soaked in sweat, what have I done, the visions getting more vivid. I can hear his voice, his anger closing my eyes tighter I try to push the images away, but it doesn't. 

The sound of Katie crying making me realise, I need to deal with this alone.

"Go to the girls, I will be fine" My words broken, I don't really want to be left alone, yet I have no choice right now. The feel of him moving his arm from around my body, as he climbs off the bed and leaves me alone. 

I am alone with this vision, the images the thoughts and sounds that I can't turn off. The longer I lay here the more tired I get, but with tiredness the visions get worse. Slowly falling into a deep sleep, just blackness, finally freedom from Max. 

Suddenly, I see myself, stood there in the kitchen putting food on the plate, smiling I feel myself relax. Then I realise I am not here, not in this kitchen, I am in Max's kitchen, looking at the scene it is the first time he hit me. I need to wake up, trying to fight the image in my mind, I feel myself screaming, am I screaming? 

I can't hear it if I am, my mind fixed replaying that day in my mind, making me watch it. The image of Max hitting me, making me scream more, suddenly blackness descends again, giving me a break from the torture.