Book Three Chapter Thirty-Seven

I cooked tea for us all, then after everyone finished Helen left to go home, Liam got up as she was leaving, I took the girls to bed, then found Jackson, I needed to tell him, she was his mum and I would feel awful if it was something serious and he had no idea.

Sitting there explaining to him about today, he didn't look to worried, which made me feel better as if he wasn't then I was probably over reacting myself.

"Well that is a relief, when she mentioned doctors and it would create more upset I panicked a little" I smiled feeling myself relax, I was just over reacting.

"Why would it cause upset? What do you mean by that Alena?" Now he looked concerned, her looking worn out didn't concern him but that did.

"I don't know, I asked and she told me not to worry my pretty head, everyone dies at some point and she will be leaving in happiness"

"Don't do anything please, see if you can get her talking with her knowing I told you, I promised I wouldn't say anything, I don't want her to feel she can't trust me again" I love Helen, she is like my mum, yet she is Jackson's

He looked at me, worry there clear in his eyes, along with hurt and pain, if this was nothing I caused it by not keeping quiet.

"I will be back later, don't wait up" He kissed my head leaving the bedroom, I can only imagine he has gone to see Helen, I hoped if he did he would not mention what I said, but it is his mum so maybe he will.

Giving up I fell asleep, the thought of Helen on my mind, the world could not be so cruel that it would take away one of the most loving and amazing women could it? 

I woke up to Jackson climbing in bed, his arms wrapping around me, I stayed silent falling back to sleep quickly.

Waking up Jackson was gone again, the girls still asleep so I made breakfast, Georgina came down 

"Your up at last" She smiled, I nodded in reply.

"Where is Jackson?" Where has he gone now?

"No idea, he went out quite early, didn't say much Liam tried to go with him but he wouldn't let him, he looked upset" Crap, what have I caused now?

"Yeah, erm something about work I didn't hear much but he needs to sort it" 

Best lie I could think of saying, if he had not said anything to Liam I couldn't exactly tell Georgina anything could I?

"Right, getting girls up, breakfast is ready" 

Walking upstairs Marcus appeared out of nowhere. 

"I will help" He walked behind me, I grabbed Isabella out her cot, he picked up Katie. She moaned, and he cradled her, looking at him, so caring and kind he would make an amazing dad, so why would he not want children? 

I need to forget about Marcus and his life, he is not a part of mine, not in the sense that gives me rights to think of why he doesn't want kids.

Sat with the girls, Jackson came back, clearly upset and on edge, instantly my heart fell, was Helen really ill? 

He can't lose his mum as well! After everything we have been through surely, we deserve some happiness, without heartbreak?

"Alena, can you come with me please" 

Jackson walked upstairs I followed closely behind, my mind praying to Jesus that he would not give devastating news. We walked into his office, sitting down I stayed quiet waiting for him to talk.