Book Three Chapter Fifty-Six

"Wow, Alena the fiery beast, bloody hell you match your hair, never seen you so angry and on fire, remind me never to get on your bad side" I would normally have a smart remark for him but no, I just want to get home.

Marcus wrapped his arm around me, crying as I climbed in the car, maybe having a mum was over rated, especially if she is like mine. 

Driving home Marcus didn't say much, just kept looking at me, wondering if he should, trying to sort myself out, I didn't want to go in looking broken, I didn't want her to get to me like this.

"Are you okay Alena?" Marcus finally broke the silence, which in a way I was grateful for.

"I am just angry, honestly more angry then anything, the fact she is judging Jackson when she is well her, on the plus side I have a sister" Marcus grinned, the look on his face teasing.

"Don't even think about it Marcus, you're staying well away from her"

"Well, can I at least know if she is like you?" 

Laughing I shook my head and lied. 

"No, she has brown hair, a big nose, and goofy teeth, so not your type" I laughed, he was joking, trying to take my mind off things, I am grateful for that.

"With your blessing she might be my type" 

He nudged me, winking, I was glad he came and not Jackson.

"Anyway, had issues with the girls?" I laughed remembering he called for backup.

"Katie was a disaster, seriously wouldn't go for a nap, kept throwing the bottle at Isabella and waking her up, I wasn't sure if I should keep trying or take her downstairs" 

He had failed, granted when Katie wanted to be, she could cause a stir and kick up a fuss easily.

"Well, home now, so I will leave you to it, I am going out for a bit" Climbing out the car I turned back and smiled.

"Thank you, Marcus," I shut the door and walked off. Happy he was not coming in because no doubt he would tell Jackson how much of a mess I was.

"Well, how much of a mess was Marcus when you got back?" I laughed seeing Katie sat there on the floor surrounded by toys.

"Not bad actually, I am surprised by how calm he was, she had thrown everything out of her crib, everything including her mattress" 

Laughing I am grateful, he seemed so smug that he could handle them before we left, clearly not.

"How did things go after I left?" The question I hate.

"Well, I have a sister and a nephew, and she hates you I think that sums it up pretty much" He didn't look even slightly hurt that she disliked him.

"Well I guess the sister thing is something good, as for hating me, a lot do when they learn about me, doesn't matter to me Alena, I know the truth and so do you that is all that matters.

"Yes, I am thinking about inviting her to the launch, telling her to bring a friend so if it is awkward I can escape yet she won't be alone" 

This seemed like the best idea, she could hate me, and I wouldn't know till I meet her.

"Your dad will be there don't forget" He looked concerned that I was inviting her.

"No, he had to cancel, he is working so I can invite her and talk to him about it later, at least this way I am not alone and if it feels awkward it isn't like I have to up and leave"