Chapter Eleven

"I was engaged to someone, he wasn't a nice person at all, and the relationship got to the point where he had my phone, he checked any calls and texts before I did, when I answered calls it had to be on the loudspeaker. I couldn't go out anywhere, eventually I couldn't even go to university without him" Taking a break, I have a drink, his eyes still on me.

"He'd accuse me of things, it got to the point I was not allowed my phone, I couldn't leave the apartment, I never saw family or friends. One night I ran, going to Georgina's she drove us here, we stayed in a hospital until we found the apartment. That is why I flipped when I thought you answered my phone, and why I freaked out by you demanding to know where I was" I can't tell him the details, I can't go into that much without breaking down.

"Did anything else happen?" He asked, pushing for more information, but I can't give him it yet.

"No, what now then, are you going to run away?" I would be shocked if he didn't to be honest, I have not exactly been nice towards him.

"No, why would I? I do think though that maybe I am not the best person for you, but we both have pasts which we tried to hide, failed at and well now we both know about them. We do need to talk more about it though, as I am sure you have questions for me just like I do with you"

"I honestly would not have asked where you were or acted like I did today, Georgina looked scared for you, she wound me up going on and on about it, I still don't understand why she would think you would be tracked down?" He had no forgot, clearly, I was going to have to answer.

"He was locked up, but kept trying to reach me, he said he'd find me when he was released" Explaining, it was like Max's voice in my mind, his face there plaguing my thoughts, this isn't a good thing at all. My heart is seriously broken, today has not been a good day at all, I just want to climb in my bed and shut myself away from the world.

"Let's get you home" He stood up, his arms pulling me up, wrapping around hugging me, fighting back tears, I try to push the thoughts from my mind, thoughts I never want to see again. The drive back we sit quietly, I feel like I have told him my darkest secret. Yet, I didn't even tell him the whole story.

Not even Liam knows, and it is not something I tell anyone, I am scared he is just being nice, so it doesn't hurt my feelings, then he will walk away. Walking through the door, Georgina runs to me and hugs me.

"Alena, I was freaking out here, you should have known we would have been worried" I feel sorry for her, I know how much she must have been scared for me I just totally forgot.

"She's okay, no harm done. She just needed some space" Jackson explaining to her why I was hiding, she seemed to glare at him, Liam looks at us confused, he seriously has no idea what is going on or why people would be worried over me staying out for a few hours.

"Oh, I get it you finally told her and now she's freaking out your ex is coming back to get her" Liam's assumption making Georgina look confused, shaking my head at her to just leave it.

"Look, I need to go to bed, I'm worn out, I will see you all tomorrow" Walking off, not saying goodbye to Jackson, I climbed into bed, tears beginning to fall and not stopping as I fell asleep. Waking up, my eyes looking around the room, my mouth is dry from the alcohol, I don't even know what time it is, walking towards the door, I opened it hearing Georgina's voice, peeking through she sat with Jackson both with a drink in their hands.

"You do realise she's broken, don't you? Max made sure of that before she got away from him. She got used to having no freedom, not having a say in where she could go. She didn't even see her family for over a year, she showed up at my house, black and blue covered in blood, that was the last time she saw him" Flinching at her words, I purposely left that part out, Jackson's fist clenching, his whole body shaking with anger, he looks about ready to kill someone.