Book Three Chapter Sixty-Five

"Hey, how is things now?" She sat down at the table. "Good, just getting on with things" I smiled feeling genuinely happy.

"You seem happy considering Jake is out" My body froze at her words, turning to her.

"What?" She looked shocked, then the look of oh shit I should not have said anything crossed her face.

"I thought you knew, Jackson got a call, Jake was released, he isn't allowed within so much distance of you, but he had an alibi for the times around when the cars were tampered with, and when the box was dropped off at your work, it wasn't him" 

Great, so now Jackson was hiding things from me, he is lucky he's at work because I swear I am not happy about this, I don't care so much about Jake been out, it is the fact it wasn't him, so now we have no idea again who it might be. 

So, the whole only good things can happen was wrong, far too wrong, the cars where okay yesterday though, so have they stopped? 

Is it just a sign they are going to start fighting worse and hurting us in other ways? I now know why Jackson didn't tell me, my mind was to consume with it to concentrate on anything else.

"Sorry Alena, I honestly thought you knew" she was shaking her head.

"No, it is fine, honestly, don't worry" 

Smiling at her, I hope she realizes I mean it, it is best I know but the fact Jackson hid it from me she obviously knows that he didn't want me to know.

"How did the first day go anyway?" 

She tried changing the subject, which I am grateful for. 

I sat there explaining in detail what had happened, how there were no issues at all, how everything went great. 

I explained how the security were a bit intimidating but also made women feel secure and safe. 

Jackson got home, I didn't mention that I knew about Jake, I will wait till tonight, it will be interesting to see if he lets me go alone today again or not.

"How was work?" I smiled at him, handing him a drink. 

"Same as always, busy, just had a meeting to talk about a new location" He shrugged like it was nothing.

"That is good then, what is the plan for Christmas? It should be something good with it been the girls first Christmas" 

I smile thinking of their excitement like their birthday opening presents, their faces when they see Santa and a Christmas tree.

"Alena, it isn't their first Christmas, theirs was last year, you were with Max remember" 

Georgina pointed out, thinking back, I can't remember but she was right, they should have had a Christmas already, I just wasn't here, and afterwards I struggled to accept the length of time he had me locked away to realise I missed their first Christmas.

"Well, it is still their first Christmas for me, it is the first one with me, I missed out last year, so it has to be even better" 

Smiling, thinking of everything we can do to make it special. 

"I am sure with you here with us this time, it will be more special than last year, we will be a family celebrating this time" Jackson kissed my head.

"We do need to start buying though we have like three weeks, which is not long at all" He was right, three weeks is not long.

"No, it isn't but I don't think there is much more we can get the girls, they have everything already" Jackson smiled, like he had a plan, a plan which was probably crazy and costs a lot.