Book Four Chapter Thirty

The next couple of weeks, things started getting better, I am now at a point where I don't see Marcus in my mind all day, I smile more, and while it still hurts I am able to breath.

 Sitting with the girls, I look back on the past week, every time in the playroom Jackson somehow broke me, and put me back together, each time making it easier to get through the next day. 

I am now three and half months pregnant, so some things are beginning to get harder, yet we are working through it. Jackson is back at work, I have still not asked about Roxy or what happened, but I think tonight I need to. 

Getting the girls in bed, I sit and wait for him to come in, he looks at me and comes to sit straight away.

"Everything okay?" Looking at him I nod.

"I want to know what is happening with Roxy, and why she wanted me" He nods, walking away he comes back with papers.

"Roxy was convicted of Murder, Jake was also convicted of Murder, together they planned it all, Jake somehow hacked into my phone so when you called me it went to her. He was the one who got her the gun, his plan was to get you away from me, so he could have you, Roxy thought it was, so she could" 

So Jake was a part in it as well, Jake is the reason Marcus isn't here.

"The jury found them both guilty, while she shot him, Jake held a big part in it, and she wouldn't have done it without him there" 

I have spoken to my dad briefly but avoided him because I don't know how to explain why I loved Marcus, but I need to Jakes parents are his friends.

"Roxy had a Dominatrix, there were together for three years, Roxy was her submissive. However, the woman, let Roxy go, she used my business more than having a Submissive herself. Roxy obviously was upset by it, she knew I owned it, and somehow she got attached to you, she made it look like she wanted me hoping we would break up, but she wanted you" 

So we really didn't know who Roxy was then?

"I spoke to her Dominatrix, she was not in a position to have a submissive anymore, so let Roxy go and used the business instead, she tried talking to Roxy a few times, but she didn't get a response. Roxy wasn't crazy or anything, she just needed a Dominatrix, and saw me as the one who took it away from her" 

This is too much for one night, far too much.

"Remember I booked the holiday for when Marcus would be away in a couple of days? Why don't we still go me you and the girls" It could be good, it might even help to get away from here for a bit.

"A family holiday Alena, we can go shopping this week to get stuff for the holiday" I should want to say yes but leaving will feel like I am leaving Marcus here alone.

"Okay" Nodding I agree, I need to try move on.

"Something else, we need to sort out the stuff in Marcus's room, I know you don't want to, but we need to go through it and see if there are things in there belonging to others, or that he would want to go to others" 

It will feel weird going through his things, it feels weird been in his room. 

"Tomorrow, I can't tonight, can we do it tomorrow?" Looking at him he smiles, his head nodding.

"Of course, Alena, we do it when you are ready to. Let's get to bed, you need sleep" 

Going to bed, laying there we as most nights stay quiet, both of us falling asleep in each other's arms. Waking up, Jackson is still asleep, getting out of bed I walk to Marcus's room, looking around everything a reminder of him.