Book Three Chapter Thirty-Six

Waking up, Jackson was no longer with me. Looking around I was still in the same room, unmoved. I looked around for my bag or phone anything to see the time. 

It is 3pm, how is it 3pm?

Getting up, I grabbed my dress threw it on and walked to the bedroom, a quick shower and threw on some clothing. 

Walking down the stairs, Georgina looking at me with a smile on her face. I couldn't care what it was for right now, I was in a good mood.

"Where is everyone?" I looked around the house so quiet. 

"Well, Marcus and Jackson left about an hour ago, something to do with business. Liam is at work and Helen is apparently having too much fun to bring the girls back"

"So, I have been alone for a few hours while you slept off last night"

"So, what happened then?"

Why is she asking about last night did she know what happened?

"Well that is between me, Jackson and Marcus" She looked at me shocked

"Okay, we are coming back to that I meant with Jake. You two where best friends even at the wedding so what has happened?" 

Well, I put my foot in it there, I should have waited to find out what she meant, not just assume she knew.

"I need a drink if I am going to explain that" I walked into the kitchen opening the fridge.

"Really drinking already?" Turning I looked at Georgina, holding up the milk so she could see.

"No, I need a coffee" Making it then sitting, I decided where was best to start. "The other night the party that Jackson threw, well me and Jackson snuck off for sex, he walked back downstairs, I got distracted and Jake showed up" 

How do I continue this without making him sound awful? He was always so nice and kind.

"He tried it on, saying he always wanted me and I know I wanted him, he had me pinned against the wall, Marcus came him threw him off me and warned him to run and stay away"

I watched as her eyes widened,

"Omg Alena, are you okay why did you not say anything? Are you sure he would have gone through with it and it wasn't just a joke?" 

I wish I could say it was a joke, or I felt like he would have stopped but now after last night I don't think he would.

"No, he wouldn't have. I came out the bathroom at the club he was there, again trying to keep me with him acting like nothing had happened. Then you saw how he was on the dance floor! Who does that to a friend, to someone they know is married" 

I hated this, why did I get all the bad luck with guys?

"Well, I am shocked but not surprised, I mean look at Max. Hot as hell yet he is nasty as hell, then there is Jackson again hot as hell yet is a bad influence in some ways. Jake hot as hell and well guess what deranged, and Marcus, what can I say about Marcus? Obvious just as hot actually no hotter than them all, he seems miss understood though"

"Well thanks for the breakdown Georgina, just what I needed" 

Marcus been added just made me feel off after last night, I don't want to go into that with her, I don't want to tell her anything.

"I mean it in a nice way, but look at them all, they are all in the navy, they all want you for some crazy reason, I don't know if it is the flaming red hair, or the shortness I have no idea maybe it is your innocent look that is deceiving?" I can't help but laugh at her.

"No, I think it is more pity they see me with you and feel sorry for me when guys flock around you and ignore me, that and my amazing shortness"

"Not a chance Alena, do you have your eyes closed, they may flock but they certainly do not ignore you, it is you who ignored them" 

Maybe she was right, and I just ignored the guys and pushed them away? I never thought highly of myself but looking at my ex's they certainly were out my league, or I would say anyway.

"Right no more guy talk, well my guys anyway, how about you and Liam?" 

I smiled wanting to clap my hands but holding it in, secretly hoping she would bite so I would get out of the Marcus situation. 

Sitting here talking away, time passed quickly, Helen walking in with the girls looking worn out, she was too old for this, but I hated saying no to her, she was smiling from ear to ear.

"Hi Alena and Georgina, brought the girls back, there is some bags in my car" I looked at Georgina, she walked out to the car.

"Come sit down Helen, you look worn out, I will make you a drink, let me put the girls in the playroom" 

Walking the girls to the playroom, I looked back at her, she didn't look well at all. Maybe I need to be stricter and say no more. I see her as my own mum, the mum I never had, we have become so close.

"I am fine, honestly just old age getting to me" her smile soft, Georgina walking through with bags and bags of stuff, fighting not to roll my eyes I ignored how much she bought and sat with her.

"Are you sure? You know how I feel about you trying to do more then you physically can, you know you're welcome to come whenever you want and sit here with the girls, but hours alone might be too much"

"Can you not tell Jackson? He will only worry, and I don't need him dragging me to the doctors that would just cause more upset" I began nodding in agreement then realised what she was saying.

"Why would it cause more upset going to the doctors Helen?" I was worrying now, does that mean there is something wrong and she doesn't want anyone to know? 

"Alena, don't worry your pretty head, everyone dies someday, I have had sixty four years on this earth, sixty four years of happiness, heart break and it will end with happiness" 

I don't think I should accept that answer, but have no choice as I can hear Jackson and Marcus talking walking towards the house.

I know I said I would not mention it to Jackson but how can I not? I will wait though, I love Helen and feel awful for considering telling him behind her back.

"More spending mum?" Jackson looked at the bag, she looked like she was in trouble and I hated it.

"Leave her alone, she can spend as much of her money in anyways she likes, I wonder if she knows how you spend all yours?" I smiled thinking of the rooms upstairs and the items inside them.

"Hey, I know when to shut up, I guess I will unpack them" He grabbed the bags and I laughed.

"Yes, we are talking" I smiled turning back to Helen, we began speaking and spoke for a while not about her health but general things.