Book Four Chapter Fifteen

T

he sound of Jacksons voice waking me, smiling I turn to face him.

"Happy Christmas my Queen" His lips pressing against mine, I actually did it, we made it to Christmas, today is Christmas and I get to spend it with him and the girls. 

Laying here, I can't help but marvel, this life is amazing, and I am lucky to be here with him, I don't want to move yet, I want to stay in the bed and enjoy this moment.

"Let's get up, get the girls downstairs and watch them open their presents" 

I would love to stay here, but today is about the girls and I don't want to waste a minute of it. Reluctantly I climb out of bed, walking to the shower I get in and washed, Jackson walking around the room getting himself ready, watching him to try make sure he doesn't go under my side of the bed. 

Getting out the shower, once dressed we walk out of the room together, waking up the girls and getting them dressed I can't help but smile, everything is perfect right now. 

Walking downstairs with them, their excitement showing as they scream and run towards the tree and presents. Sitting we watch as they open their presents, to many presents I think but I won't say that to Jackson of course.

"I will cook breakfast, my mum will be here soon to help you get started on dinner" 

Nodding I smile, I am not looking forward to that part, me trying to cook for us all, ten adults, three kids. Maybe inviting my sister and mum wasn't such a good idea, no doubt I will burn the food. I hope my step mum and real mum get on, it is not something I thought about when inviting her. 

It will be nice though, to have the whole family together even if there is issues we still need to resolve. Sitting here watching the girls, I can only imagine what last Christmas was like, who was here, Jackson had offered to show me pictures but at the time I was not ready to see them, maybe today I could look through them and see just how their first Christmas was.

"When are they going outside?" 

The biggest present now fully built in the garden, I almost totally forgot about it to be honest. It is a good job him and Marcus had finished building it just in time, otherwise today would have been spent them outside again.

"Later, when everyone is here. It is something the whole family should see, just like the playroom" 

Nodding I agree, and to be honest it looks cold outside, so I would rather stay in where it is warm.

"Anyway, food is ready, I did cook for Marcus, but I am guessing he is still sleeping off last night" Walking over to him, I carry the plates, sitting we start to eat.

"What happened last night that he needs to sleep off?" Looking at Jackson confused, he seemed perfectly fine when he was with us.

"Troy and Alexander came around last night after you fell asleep, they were sat in talking about the mission and drinking, Marcus drank a little too much, I went to bed and he was still up, so no doubt he will be out until dinner is ready" 

Well that is just typical, yet I have a feeling he has done this, so he doesn't feel he needs to hide this morning. Which I can't blame him for he is basically playing the 3rd wheel in this, and while we both love him, it can't be easy especially today of all days. 

Finishing eating, we sit down with the girls, playing with their toys they are in their own little worlds. I would give anything to be able to do that, forget about the harassment and threats, the past and all the drama.