Book Three Chapter Forty-Three

Not waiting, I walked back out, the door slamming behind me, hearing Jackson and Marcus calling after me. 

Grabbing the car keys out me bag, I got in, driving off, my mind screaming at me to go back and shout, scream anything, but I can't the image pinned to the front of my mind, him her, her of all people, Roxy after everything I had said, in our house, with our child at home. 

I can't, I can't go back and see that again, why would he do that? I don't even know where I am driving to, I just need to get away, my screams echoing around the car. 

Losing control of the car it skidded, sliding around the road, my screams louder panic rising in me, I am going to die. 

The car continued to spin around the around, holding on for life, I watched as it flipped, rolling down the hill. This is it, the moment I die, I can't stop it now passing out, just blackness consumed me, so peaceful, it was like heaven, all my worries had gone.

All of a sudden everything was bright, I am looking down at the car, my body still in it. "No, No! I can't die No" My words screaming, trying to pull myself back to my body.

Marcus running towards me, I want to get back there, why am I floating? 

I have died, I have actually killed myself, Marcus screaming, his hands pulling the door open, crying my name, pain on his face, what have I done. 

His arms begin to drag me out the car, his screams louder as his hands are pumping on my chest, his mouth connecting with mine. 

He is trying to save me, why? What have I done, I have left Jackson without a wife, the girls without a mum, I am floating higher, the image of me getting smaller, Marcus getting smaller.

"Wake up Alena" 

His hands pushing harder on my chest. I have too much to live for, this is not going to take me after everything else, this is not how I will die! 

I start screaming, I am trying to pull myself back down, down to my body. My body jolted, eyes opening wide, I laid on the pavement, Marcus looking over me, as I take a breath, had I just died?

"Alena" Marcus's voice making me realise how real this was, his eyes filled with panic as he pulled me further away from the car as we watched it explode, that could have been me!

I felt fine, I was not in pain, just shock I could have died, I had died I drove drunk, it is country roads which is a good thing because had it been a busy road anyone could have got hurt.

"How the hell did you survive that? We need to get you to the hospital" My head began shaking, he is not taking me to the hospital, I feel totally fine.

"No hospital" My words quiet.

"Alena you stopped breathing if I didn't follow you would have been in that car, you died Alena, you're going to the hospital.

"No, I am not, Marcus I am fine, I wasn't dead, I was breathing your just overreacting and I am not going home, take me to Georgina's please" 

I know he is telling the truth, I had stopped breathing, but I am not going to the hospital, not a chance and I don't want to see Jackson, and as much as I want to see the girls, I should wait till I have calmed down.

"Alena, think about it, do you really think he would do something like that with me sat in the same room?" I laughed, a little too loud.

"Sorry, did he not sit there and watch as you fucked me? Then you pass me onto him, and you watch while he fucked me? Or was that a dream?" 

His hand pulled me up, I started walking towards his car.

"Not that, I mean cheat, do you think he is so thick to try to cheat on you with me there? Do you think I would let him?"

I have to admit to myself, Marcus would not stand by and watch it, he would not let Jackson do it, but what other explanation is there? 

She was half naked sat on him, I was stupid and foolish, I know full well Jackson would not cheat, the sight though, my mind didn't think it just flipped. 

"I don't think you would, no, but honestly, if you walked in on your partner like that, what would you think?" He nodded, clearly seeing what I saw for the first time and understanding.

"Look, all I know is she accidently dropped her drink down her, took off her top, I would say it was on purpose. I went to grab her one, by the way Katie is sick, she threw up all over Jackson three times, hence no shirt he gave up putting clean ones on. Anyway, I passed her the shirt, Jackson sat there, she heard the car and for some reason pounced on Jackson, like she wanted you to see them together" 

As crazy as it sounds, I could see it happening, I had a bad feeling about Roxy, I just didn't understand why, and her smirk when I saw her, I feel like a fool, and I feel awful because Jackson was at home with the girls all day while I was out drinking.

"Take me home please Marcus" He nodded, driving back, I had now sobered up, reality was awful, everything that happened is just out of my control.

"How you survive death so much, I will never know Alena, you should have died so many times, yet you keep coming back, like you want life to punish you more" 

All I know is I am not ready to die, not at all.

"Has she gone?" I now thought back to Roxy and what had happened.

"No idea, Jackson kicked off at her, I highly doubt she will still be there, if she is she's mad" Pulling up to the house I needed him to promise me something.

"Can we not mention the car please, I can't deal with him forcing me to go to hospital" 

He looked at me, like I was crazy, shaking his head.

"Alena, you have cuts and bruises all over, this is something you can't protect him from, at all, come on face reality get your ass in there and sort your shit out together" 

The way he said that turned me on, why seriously why?

"Well, don't mention me not breathing then, and by the way, Roxy likes you apparently" I reluctantly got out

"Unlucky because I only want one woman right now" 

His voice quiet, I heard it, but I will just act like I didn't hear him, Marcus helping me in, why I didn't know as I felt totally fine, walking in Jackson ran to me.