Book Four Chapter Seven

"Right Princesses, who wants to decorate the tree?" 

Jacksons words snapping me out my thought, the girls screaming and clapping their hands, Marcus staying sat at the table as we went around the house decorating, I have to say the apartment is easier to decorate, there is too much room here to cover far too much room.

 The house looks amazing, looking around the decorations glistening in the natural light, making me smile, I can't believe I missed all this last year, I can't believe I missed their first Christmas and even now I can't remember it, it doesn't feel like I did but I did. 

The girls are sat looking at the tree and lights their little eyes mesmerised by the beautiful colours dancing around the tree.

"Don't worry about me, I will be fine and more than happy to jump in if needed again without assuming you will leave him for me, you have a beautiful family and I wouldn't break that up" 

Marcus's voice coming from behind me, turning to face him all I can do is smile and fight back the tears, why Maria let him go I will never know, she is a fool, stupid and a fool.

"I won't be here Christmas day, I think that is something just family should spend together, just thought I would let you know" Is he for real? Where is he going to go he has no family, Maria was his family.

"You are family, you might not be married to me, but your Jacksons closet friend and I consider you family so you're here for Christmas" 

A hand touches my shoulder, turning I see Jackson looks at us, smiling yet wonder in his eyes, I feel like he is on edge wondering what we are talking about all the time.

"Tell him he is here for Christmas, he plans to go and let us celebrate it ourselves" Jackson looking at me confused, then at Marcus.

"It is his choice Alena, you can't expect him to be here constantly if he wants to spend Christmas elsewhere, he is free to, he knows he is welcome here as well, let him decide"

 Jackson walks back off to the girls, he didn't say it mean but the way he said it made me aware not to say he has to be here for Christmas, maybe I am wrong and he isn't welcome Christmas day? 

Looking at Marcus though I can't stand the thought of him being alone, as if he could tell he smiles at me trying to reassure me.

"I won't be here in the morning, I will come back around dinner time, is that okay?"

 Nodding, I agree, I guess it will have to, but still Christmas should never be spent alone, ever and where is he going to go Christmas day most places are close. 

Marcus turns and walks up the stairs, turning to face Jackson I walk over and sit down with him and the girls, all they are doing is staring at the tree and lights, the things they find fascinating amazes me. 

We must have been sitting here for nearly an hour before the girls got bored and started playing with the tree pulling the baubles off and laughing, the beautiful tree no longer looks beautiful it looks like a cat has climbed inside it and knocked everything off.

"Well, it was beautiful for a short while" Jackson laughed as the girls played with all the parts from the tree, not too bothered most people would be saying no and putting them back on, he is just standing laughing at them destroying the tree.

"What time do you need to leave?" Turning I look at him confused, me leave?

"Your appointment with Sally the counselor" Turning to face the clock, I should have left already, I know I am going to be late now.