Book Three Chapter Fifty-Four

The number rang, waiting for an answer.

"Hello, Sarah speaking" Frozen, I wanted to hang up, unsure what to say, my breathing getting faster.

"Look, Ben if this is you enough, just leave me alone" She shouted down the phone, snapping me out my daze.

"It is Alena" My words quiet, she didn't respond wondering if she had hung up I looked at the screen, no still on the call to me.

"Alena who? Sorry I don't know anyone by the name of Alena" Was this even my mum? Had Jackson mistaken her for someone else?

"I am your daughter, you and my dad were married, you got locked up when I was two because I was poisoned" She stayed quiet, I feel like a fool, it wasn't her.

"Anaya, oh my, Anaya I have missed you so much baby" Why is she calling me Anaya?

"I am Alena, not Anaya" My words cold, who was this woman?

"No, I know darling, you was born and registered as Anaya, your dad had your names changed so you couldn't be tracked down, but I called you Anaya" 

Well, dad, you missed a big part of the story, where you changed my whole name.

"Please don't call me Anaya, I am not Anaya anymore, can we meet?" 

I want her to say no, but I knew from how she spoke she was going to say yes.

"Of course, darling, where are you living now? I am in Oxford" 

Coincidence that she lives the same place as me, yet we have never bumped into each other?

"Oxford, can we meet at bar Tashua tomorrow dinner time, say 12 o'clock?" 

I need to get this over with, show Jackson and Marcus this woman has nothing to do with it, or at least I hope that would be the outcome.

"Yes, that is fine, I will see you there, thank you Alena for calling" 

Hanging up the phone quickly, I placed it on the bed, my poor dad! He is going to hate me, he had hidden our identities from her for a reason, now I have just given her everything she needs to find us both. 

Rolling over, closing my eyes I try to fall asleep, I should go get Jackson, let him know but I don't want to move, would my mum really be capable of this? Is there someone we are missing? My mind went on and on until I fell asleep.

Lips kissing mine, smiling I opened my eyes, Jackson leaning over me.

"Good morning Kitten" He smiled.

"Good morning Sir, how can I be of assistance this fine and beautiful morning?" My arms wrapping around his body.

"Now that is a very good question kitten, what can you do for me?" 

His eyes raised, his head lowering kissing my neck, I love mornings like this. His mouth kept kissing and teasing, then the sound that makes us stop and snap back to reality happened, the girls shouting at each other.

"Back to life kitten, back to life, see you downstairs" He walked out the room.

"Where are my princesses, what is all that screaming" His voice so funny, climbing out of bed, getting showered and dressed as fast as I could, I walked downstairs, grabbing a drink.

"Breakfast kitten" He placed the plate in front of me, my hand pushing it back, I feel sick, nerves sick at the thought of meeting my mum today.

"No thank you, I don't think I can stomach food today, I am meeting my Sarah at 12" He looked at me shocked.