Book Two Chapter Thirty-Eight

I feel sick, I run to the bathroom, throwing up and shaking. I call Liam, crying down the phone hoping he has an idea what to do.

He and Georgina shows up not long after, Georgina looks at the pictures confirming it was Max, I have no idea what to do.

"I will call through to a few of his old team who have left, they might know"

Liam offers as he walks off into the other room. Sitting here with Georgina, feeling like my world was crashing and being destroyed Liam walks back through.

"I have asked, and they will let me know we just need to wait for the phone call" I feel myself relaxing a little waiting, a few hours later Liam's phone rings. He looks like he had been given the worse news ever. He hangs up and turns to me.

"I am sorry Alena; the team isn't anywhere they can communicate to and from. No one can contact them until they get back on land" I want to scream, why is Max with Jackson?

"Maybe, he has no idea who Jackson is Alena?" Georgina offering a bit of help, hoping it calms me down.

"She is right, not often people get to choose which missions they go on, I am sure he doesn't even know" Liam joins in.

I nod but can't feel relaxed when I knew Max is with Jackson, does Jackson even know it is him? They called him Maxwell, no one calls him Maxwell.

The next two weeks, I stay in most of the time, I went to the doctors, and was told everything was going well.

Georgina has basically moved in; some days I was so tired and sick I could hardly move. I had no idea pregnancy was so bad. The day came and went that Jackson was meant to arrive home, I become more concerned.

"Everything is fine Alena, none of the team are back so they are just delayed"

Liam explained, for two weeks I tried to think of only the positive, I pinned my positive energy on this day him coming home and now he isn't, but I guess none of the team been home helps.

I fall asleep on the sofa waiting, for there not to even be a call. Waking up the next day, I hope he is just delayed.

"Let's go out Alena, I am sure you could do with fresh air"

Georgina smiling, trying to get me out of the mess I was in. I don't want to, I don't want to be out when he gets home, I refuse and stay in, spending all day cooking and cleaning, and cleaning.

I feel like I am going crazy waiting, but still no Jackson, Liam is clearly getting concerned for me, calling everyone again trying to find anything out

"We will hear back today if they are back or not" Liam hugs me trying to reassure me again, but nothing is working. A

ll I need is someone to say they knew for sure Max has no idea who Jackson was. Or that the team have contacted saying they are fine.

Anything right now would be good, but it is just silence. Another week passes by, Helen here most days trying to keep herself busy and her mind occupied, but clearly nothing is working.

The week makes me feel sick, each day I begin to realise he isn't coming home. Something bad has to have happened. He would be home by now if not, I need to start facing facts, he has gone, and nothing can be done. I feel awful giving up on him like this, but maybe it is the best thing I can do.